Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 20, 2007, 5:17 PM   #11

ira's right. the head will break in in time.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2007, 6:18 PM   #12

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!
I really feel stupid now after getting a response from amvona. First of all, I was very impressed with their customer service rep Matthew who responded 1st thing this AM. First, he suggested some graphite powder (which I didn't want to use) but took the time to say to take it outside (common sense in this day & age??) to use. Next, he suggested (& why i feel stupid) he simply explained the location of the tension screws & slowly loosen them to the right tension. THEN (more common sense...I really can't take this!!) he suggested testing the tension with the camera & my heaviest lens on it just to make sure it wasn't too loose. So now, after a half turn with a 5/32 allen, the tension is firm not stiff... I can definitely live with that.

Thanks for the input, folks! I'm going to be stopping by the hardware store this evening & picking up a set of allen's just to keep in the tripod bag along with the other accessories for it (spike feet & an s-hook that I rigged with a threaded rod coupler to hold a sandbag for weight when it gets windy out!)

Dawg...I think I'll also stop by Radio Shack & p/u a tube of that Teflon lube. For the $, it wouldn't be bad to keep around.

Harriet, Roy, Penolta, Ira, Dawg......Thanks for your common sensical approaches! You folks are true gems in this jewelry store of a forum.

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2007, 7:32 PM   #13

get the folding style wrenches. they'll fit other things as well.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2007, 10:16 PM   #14

robar wrote:
Quote:

roy
You are welcome Ron. Just glad things worked out.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2007, 11:03 PM   #15

robar wrote:
Quote:

roy
LOL....I'm sitting here with my new set folding allens in my hand, reading this! Roy, you're the man! Glad you're at least feeling a little better after getting your new lens...whatta deal by the way!!!

Dawg, I tell ya, I had it in my head that those 2 screws just held the 2 pieces of thegrip together & nothing else. Guess you wouldn't believe that I'm an all German descendant, would ya??? LOL!

Thanks again, guys!
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote