Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 20, 2007, 4:24 AM   #1

I was looking for cheap teleconverters to use as auto extension tubes ... just can't believe this one ... Jack.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:IT&ih=003
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2007, 5:54 AM   #2
TC3

Anything that avoids needing the stopping down of the lens manually will normally attract a premium
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2007, 6:25 AM   #3

TC3 wrote:
Quote:
Anything that avoids needing the stopping down of the lens manually will normally attract a premium
Hi TC3, Our cross the pond members report picking up these TCs for just a few US dollars, this one equates to $40 +, I just can't see why anyone would pay that amount of money for something that introduces several stops of light loss, I certainly wouldn't. ... Jack
Old Aug 20, 2007, 8:37 AM   #4

i can't believe some one would even think of using a 3x when to get a good 2x is expensive. that 3 x jack would probably vignette unless you took out not only the glass but the lens retainers as well. i could not get those out of my 2x.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2007, 12:57 PM   #5

robar wrote:
Quote:
i can't believe some one would even think of using a 3x when to get a good 2x is expensive. that 3 x jack would probably vignette unless you took out not only the glass but the lens retainers as well. i could not get those out of my 2x.

roy
Got them all out of not only the 2X but the 3X. That is rediculous Jack... There are folks out there with more money than brains fer sher. Find the cheapest 2x or 3X you can then cut it all out. Get violent if you have too. LOL Roy send it to me and I'll gut it for you. Promise no total destruction involved...Just some boring bar work needed.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2007, 1:24 PM   #6

Kenmore or KEH for just a few examples have teleconvereters for under 20 dollars that are better brand and might even be of use. There are 4 under 20 at Kenmore for instance.3 are Vivitars.
For some items ebay is just a bad deal due to outlandish expectations from sellers who believe every item a gold mine and buyers who do no know any better.
Kenn
KennJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2007, 1:47 PM   #7

robar wrote:
Quote:

roy

Hi Roy,

I have a friend who has a later model of the beastie below, I reckon we should be able to get the guts out of a TC without too much trouble. I had noted that Dawg had bored out the ones he modded.

Dawg,

I was absolutely gobsmacked when I saw the price the 3X tc went to, they must be wrong in the head. ... Jack

Attached Images