Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 23, 2007, 12:21 AM   #11

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Outstanding pictures, Glenn - I can understand why you would want to be closer with such a cutie in the family.
Cute little guy...I have 11 Grandchildren and a great Grandson on the way...I love them all. Fine set of portraits there...My one serious regret is not having a really good camera when my daughters were little. So many memories unrecorded. Sigh... Glad your not making the same mistake because those photos are priceless.

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2007, 1:12 AM   #12

Tim, Harriet and Dawg, thanks for looking and the comments.

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2007, 2:20 PM   #13

Glenn:

Great pictures except for one small oversight -- he has the wrong NY shirt on. It should be a Yankees shirt. :lol: Anyway, he is avery handsome young man.

You really have to love them when they are that age. Just learning to walk & talk, and into everything. My grandson lives in Seattle (I live in VA) and he is 10 1/2 months old. We have visited with him twice (actually, my wife and I have gone together twice, and separately once), and it is amazing how many pictures you can take. Thank goodness for digital, as it is a heck of a lot cheaper than film! Unfortunately, my camera (old 3mp Kodak DC4800) died on my trip out in July. I'm looking at the Pentax K100D/K10D, and can't quite decide yet.

BTW, where is Kandern, Germany? We lived in Heidelberg for 8 years (76-79 & 83-88 ), and loved it.

tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2007, 2:42 PM   #14

Dear T, Very interesting post from you. We both lived in Germany, both in VA (we in Portsmouth/Chesapeake) and also both owned a Kodak 4800! Kandern is in the South west corner, about 20 minutes from both France and Switzerland. It is at the very southern tip of the Black Forest and it is absolutely beautiful. Now if we could just get the grandson over here!!

Glenn
Old Aug 25, 2007, 3:41 PM   #15

Thanks for the reply. Just wasn't sure where you were located. I live in the Gainesville area. If you aren't too familar with it, we are about 4 miles west of Manassas on I-66. I live right at the turnoff from I-66 W to 29 S heading down toward Warrenton and Chalottesville.

tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2007, 12:03 AM   #16

T, I forgot to address that one little issue of which NY team to root for!! I grew up in New York in a Yankee hater family. I really like most of the Yankee players, (how can you be a baseball fan and not like Jeter?) but I can't bring myself to like the team! While in the States this past summer I took my wife and daughter to Shea and we got to see them lose! Here's a shot with my DL and Sigma 100-300 from the mezzanine. Not bad for a very cheap lens.

Glenn
Attached Images

Old Aug 26, 2007, 3:02 AM   #17

Very nice, number 2 is a great baby shot!

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2007, 2:37 PM   #18

Thanks Tom!

Glenn
Old Aug 26, 2007, 4:04 PM   #19

Hi guys, just to comment on Dawg's point of having a decent camera when the kids are young. The little thumbnail/avatar pic. (left) was a grab shot when my two daughters fell asleep on a bus, (they are approaching 30 now, the eldest about to buy a pENTAX k10D).Anyway my trusty nikkormat was at home ! So I used my wife's cheap Kodak 110, no speed, aperture or flash but it made one of the best pics I have ever taken of them. Even the inherent grain was a bonus giving a painted look when enlarged to 10" square, sometime you just get lucky! SS.
silversurfer is offline   Reply With Quote