Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 31, 2007, 7:44 AM   #21

no,
i haven't got there yet.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2007, 4:45 PM   #22

This may be the cheaper alternative

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Flash-Extender...QQcmdZViewItem

Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2007, 8:45 PM   #23

Haven't thought about this much but I'll get to thinking as soon as I can! Not much of a do-it-yourselfer but I'll look at it!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2007, 8:48 PM   #24

Do you want difusers or Big beam extenders? I can make one for my Viv Zoom Thyristor and tell you how I did it. Just what are we wanting?

Dawg
Old Nov 7, 2007, 8:54 PM   #25

http://www.moosepeterson.com/gear/betterbeamer.html

Found this...Is this what you want?

Dawg
Old Nov 8, 2007, 3:16 AM   #26

That's the one!!!

I like Moose - great books

Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2007, 9:36 AM   #27

Where can I get the fresnel lens? I figure a couple of pieces of lexan will do the trick for the sides. I have a huge amount of scrap lexan being thrown away every day where I work. Cutting to the right size on a bandsaw and reinforcing with a single strip of lexan in the middle to stiffen it is no problemo. The lexan can be bent to a 90 degree angle at the wide end on a simple metal break. Heck you can even bend it in a vise if you are careful with it. Then buy a little stick-on velcro to attach the lens. Cut a small notch at the small end in the re-inforcing strip so the rubber band does'nt slip. Also a small piece of stick-on rubber or even more velcro at the small end to protect the flash and keep it from moving....About a 2 hour job once the dimensions are there and a lens is on hand. You can also rough up the lexan sides on the outside and paint it white then cover that with flat black so the inside will be a highly reflective white and still be very slick. I can go on and on and on....But first the lens material...Where to get it??

Dawg
Attached Images

Old Nov 8, 2007, 10:27 AM   #28

i got mine at Half Priced Books here in town. you need 2 to get the focal length down. they are 2x6'' each and fairly flexible. try book stores as these are used as 'page readers'..
officemax and office depot and compusa also had the 8x10'' thick , non-flexble type.
if you can't find them let me know and we'll work something out thru the mail.
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2007, 10:42 AM   #29

also rv stores may sell them
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2007, 10:55 AM   #30

I'll look at staples and office depot and barns and nobles as they are closer to me. I'll make one for my Zoom thyristor minus the lens tonight at work if I can get time enough for some govt. work. What is the dimensions of your flash head? Do I need any spacing for the two lens and if so how much for your flash? I can cut a notch with the end mill for the lens to fit in and you'll not nee the velcro if the flash head is smaller than the outer width of the beamer as the tension would hold it in place. I can cut these notches at different places in the sides to allow for different placement of the lens to give different focal lengths and therefore different amounts of flash zoom. My zoom thyristor has a fresnel lens and zooms in and out now. It may not work as well with it unless I can vary it some.

Dawg