Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 25, 2007, 2:08 PM   #1

There's a gentleman on Eekbay who has them for sale periodically. They're the real deal.

What would you pay in this day and age of inflated prices? It's the real deal. As posted by another user.

Gazander is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 25, 2007, 2:57 PM   #2

If you are talking about the guy from Culver City - yesterday his ad said he only had 2 left and he was only selling them fora "buy-it-now" of$249 - thats what he saidthe others have sold for. Don't think he has any left today.

P.S. What would I pay for one of these? $249.00 plus California State Tax (sigh) and $12.00 for shipping.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2007, 3:19 PM   #3

even at that price, it's a lot less than a new AF model. about half price.
i'm just glad i got mine when the prices started going up for well less than 100usd than that price. yes i would pay it.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2007, 3:25 PM   #4

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
If you are talking about the guy from Culver City - yesterday his ad said he only had 2 left and he was only selling them fora "buy-it-now" of$249 - thats what he saidthe others have sold for. Don't think he has any left today.

P.S. What would I pay for one of these? $249.00 plus California State Tax (sigh) and $12.00 for shipping.
Dang, I was hoping to come up with some spare change and get a second copy. Mine is a Lester A Dine and honestly, if I had paid $500 for mine I would consider it money well spent. I have certainly spent more money on lenses I use less often and, as far as picture quality, this Kiron does not take a back seat for any other lens in my kit.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2007, 4:02 PM   #5
TDN

I've been working with the Kiron version for about a year now, and I'd say I would value it at about 250$ maximum. Above that you can get a newer equivalent lens...

It really is a great lens. Not onyl for macro, but also for portrait and concert photography.

I payed 60 euros for mine a year ago, and I would easily pay double, knowing now what it can do...

Tom
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2007, 4:02 PM   #6

robar wrote:
Quote:
even at that price, it's a lot less than a new AF model. about half price.
And it sure is aWHOLE bunch less than what Zeiss sells the N* version of the 100mm macro lens that is soon to come out in Pentax mount! Getting LBA is certainly hard on the budget - enough so that I'm sure my hubby regrets a certain purchase back in 1980 (though he never says it). And don't ever believe that if you just get that one (fill-in-the-blank) lens it'll be cured. All it does is make it worse!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2007, 6:45 PM   #7

If that is the case then I got the last one!

I always remembered the stories here where people got them dirt cheap, so for a year I've been putting it off. When I saw the above pic, where everything REALLY IS new, I just took the plunge.

Cost 26 bucks to ship. Will probably pay duties over and above.
Gazander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2007, 11:55 PM   #8

Gazander wrote:
Quote:
If that is the case then I got the last one!

I always remembered the stories here where people got them dirt cheap, so for a year I've been putting it off. When I saw the above pic, where everything REALLY IS new, I just took the plunge.

Cost 26 bucks to ship. Will probably pay duties over and above.
Duties? I don't think there is any duty on photo equiment from the US into Canada..

Btw, I ordered one from him as well.. just waiting for it tro arrive
mhertel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2007, 5:17 AM   #9

I would pay aroun $190-200 + shipping, I have seen them go for that and I would be willing to wait for another.
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2007, 5:37 AM   #10

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:
I would pay aroun $190-200 + shipping, I have seen them go for that and I would be willing to wait for another.
problem is nick, they're getting rare.
i would have never thought that 249 + shipping would be the going price
robar is offline   Reply With Quote