Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 28, 2007, 2:37 PM   #21

Dal, I like the shots and while the WB is a bit off, they are still nice. Its interesting that Viz's correction is really not very strong, but it does make for a more pleasing picture. Some times a light hand on the PP is all you need!

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2007, 3:15 PM   #22

Thanks for looking Glenn.

A light hand is what has always been needed in PP. Unfortunately I don't always possess this!!

Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2007, 4:44 PM   #23

darren,
about all i can see in the redos is you need to due a slight hue/sat adj.
what i did is very low key PP. open up your new image. goto levels and pick the white picking tool. click somewhere on the left upper corner of the sign. play around. if you get too crazy hold down the alt key and it will change the cancel button to a reset button. once you get what you want zoom in on the image where theres some yellow hue. open iamge>adj.>hue/sat. from the drop down choose yellows. use the select tool to select a yellow place on the image. adj the saturation and lightness sliders. leave hue alone. next usm at 20.50.0. the usm doesn't sharpen much but does increase the contrast..

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2007, 4:55 PM   #24

Thanks Roy.

I have printed your tips and will have a go at this tomorrow evening. They do print a hell of a lot better than the first go round.

Dal

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2007, 5:18 PM   #25

like mtngal does, it's best to add a levels adj layer but the way i described will work fine..

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2007, 10:35 PM   #26

The funny thing is that I've been using levels more for things like wb adjustments lately (yes, adjusting the RBG channels separately makes a difference. Or if you have a spot that should be white, use the brightest point "color picker"in the levels screento set what should be white - then everything else falls into place more or less), and using USM (Ben's instructions) for adding a bit of contrast - it's faster.

P.S. - Forgot to say how much I like your re-worked pictures - they are really outstanding (helps to have good pictures to start off with).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote