Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 28, 2007, 12:17 PM   #11

I got a picture of me speeding one time in Germany. Looked really nice showing my tag, date, time of day, and speed. It was taken with one of those intersection cameras. I vaguely remember the flash, but didn't pay any attention. Took about 3 months before it arrived in the mail. I promptly paid it ($5) at the post office. You don't want to mess with the German police. :lol:
tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2007, 3:42 PM   #12

I got "blitzed" in a 30 K/hr zone in the town of Baden Weiler in the Black Forest. It was night time and the flash almost blinded me. I think the flash was more dangerous than my speeding! Never saw the photo, but definately saw the fine!

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2007, 5:49 PM   #13

back to the 01F.
i got a lot of the problem cleared but the lens still seems to be microscopically etched. i reassembled it and it is 10x better. took some shots but haven't looked. tamron tells me no parts are available but they can fix it in house. what AHs.
thanks tim for a learning experience.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2007, 6:43 PM   #14

Hopefully it will be useful to you Roy. If the glass is etched does that mean you suspect it was fungus after all? From your original description I was wondering if the cement sealing two lens halves had clouded. In any case, good luck with it!

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2007, 7:08 PM   #15

this isn't a doublet. who knows?? i've been talking to a number of people about this.. like i said-- a learning experience.
i seldomly use a 2x because of the IQ reduction. this will make a good 42mm ex tube for the lens tho.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote