Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 16, 2007, 2:57 AM   #41

I know this won't help but after doing 4 weddings for friends and family I've sworn them off forever. Too much stress and hassle and no one is ever happy with the results.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2007, 6:16 AM   #42

sandra7109 wrote:
Quote:
I am back and I survived lol *so much stress but I got through it !!!

I am so zonked right now so here are a few quickly edited ones for now and I will post the rest when I can upload them to my website any and all critiques are welcome
I said that you would be more than fine at the end of the day. Lovely shots.

Also with this forum ,you always have response and sometimes I become lazy . I ask question here first before checking on camera manual

Daniel , Toronto
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2007, 8:17 AM   #43

Well, you did great. I'm looking forward to seeing the whole show.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2007, 1:06 PM   #44

Nice work, you're a natural.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2007, 1:22 PM   #45

From my expierence at my father in law's 80th birthday ( almost 100 guests so almost a wedding ), I saw that the tamron 28-75 f 2.8 is a great lens for these kind of occasions. My brother in law did all the party's pictures with that and a canon 20d, with bounce and swivel flash, and never had to change lens. It was good even for the "everybody together" picture at the end.

I strongly recommend that lens, sharp, versatile, not too expensive ( around 370$ ), probably my next purchase.
Lando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2007, 1:40 PM   #46

Thanks everyone I just woke up lol, I ended up mainly using the 50mm with the flash pointed straight up to the ceiling but for the group shots I had to go with my kit lens 18-55 so I could fit everyone in. I really enjoyed it but liked doing the candids more than the group posed shots.

These were just quickly edited on picasa and the finished ones will be done on PS2 for their disc. I am just working on the crops today and tend to get a little pp happy lol.
sandra7109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2007, 11:03 AM   #47

I have still not decided which ones to use for my site :?so here is a link to all the pics ( be sure to also look at the sub album ) and mabey if anyone is up to it you could let me know how they look to you

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x...shots/wedding/

Thanks for looking
Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:01 PM   #48

I liked photos 0368-1 and 0163-1. They are all pretty good but some have a minor issue with the framing and the props involved. Well not props but the things like the bridge railling being too high for the bride to look comfortable. The framing issues are a matter of parts of the person being cut off. Like the top of some heads. Need to get the whole face in frame for them to be acceptable to most folks. But then this is just an Old Dawgs opinion. You seemed to do better with the reception hall. Those things give you more time to think about them and the shot. Got to have a plan for people shots and do a walk through before doing the shoot. Need to know how things will actually work before you use them...The bridge railing for instance. For a first shoot though I'd give you an A-. You will learn and unlike me when I shot my first...You got the photos in focus and properly exposed at least! This is not meant as a critisim but an explanation of what I see. LOL

Dawg
Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:08 PM   #49

Thanks bigdawg I really appriciate your opinion it helps alot.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 5:55 PM   #50

And remember that is all it is ...one old Dawg's opinion. You did very well with these and will improve each and every time you shoot one...I have NO doubt about that.

Dawg