Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 3, 2007, 3:11 PM   #11

culveric wrote:
Quote:
I'm trying to order using my US paypal but don't see how i get the paypal discount (i've gone all the way through to the last click) and i don't see the rebate information. can someone send me some instructions? does this deal expire today?
I have not ordered (yet?), though I am still beating myself up about choosing. This is a website I keep an eye on for technology deals and they put this up yesterday:

http://dealnews.com/deals/Pentax-K10...ed/185488.html

Aside from that, I have no further info, sorry.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2007, 4:15 PM   #12

culveric wrote:
Quote:
I'm trying to order using my US paypal but don't see how i get the paypal discount (i've gone all the way through to the last click) and i don't see the rebate information.* can someone send me some instructions?* does this deal expire today?
I did that . There is no rebate info'. You will be asked in Dell site to sign in your paypal. After signing in, you get the amount and the reduction is there. For me after that I get an error msg to say that my paypal billing address is in Canada. And no deal.
Good luck

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2007, 4:59 PM   #13

thanks guys, got it figured out. had to go one click further (which i was reluctant to do because i thought it'd complete the order). came to $675 incl tax. great deal. thanks for helping me get my first slr.
culveric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2007, 6:50 PM   #14

All - Thanks for the link to the site. I was playing around and came across a K100D body only for $410 shipped from B&H, - prices keep dropping....
http://dealnews.com/digital-cameras/...00-D/2414.html
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2007, 7:52 PM   #15

BuyDig, part of Beach Camera, has the K100D body for $379.00 with free shipping before rebate. That makes it $329.00 net. Very good price, I think!

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=PKK100D
Driver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2007, 11:33 AM   #16

Always be sure to verify that you get the manufacturer's warrantyfor the US orwhichever other country you live in - lowball prices are often grey market imports that require you to send the camera back to the country of origin for warrranty service, or else the importerself-insures with an independentrepair service. Also make sure it is new, and not refurbished (refurbs may be OK, but you deserve to know what you are getting).
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2007, 12:30 PM   #17

I just got my K10D last week, so of course the prices are going to drop. I picked mine up for $729 (body only). Plus the battery grip for $145 and an additional battery for $47. Take off $100 with rebates.

Sure do like the K10D though. Upgraded from a DS.
macshak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2007, 5:25 PM   #18

I got camera plus 18-55 kit lens, plus 80-200 zoom, plus 2x 1gig cards for $820 Canadian.
nixter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2007, 5:47 PM   #19

nixter wrote:
Quote:
I got camera plus 18-55 kit lens, plus 80-200 zoom, plus 2x 1gig cards for $820 Canadian.

What camera the K100 or the K10D? If it was the K10D with all that stuff for $ 820 Cdn., where did you buy? Sounds great to me.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote