Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 3, 2007, 8:38 AM   #1

I've decided to make the leap and buy a dslr and have chosen the Pentax over competitors. Next question is timing. It's a huge investment for me and I just want to make sure that there aren't any swirling rumors about price cuts in the near future. If there were, I'd be happy to continue using my P&S with manual controls for another month or two. Thanks guys (and gals).
culveric is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 3, 2007, 8:50 AM   #2

You can buy the K10d, with kit lens, from Dell Home right now for 719. If you check out using paypal you get a discount, making the price 647. Add in free shipping and the then rebate, the K10d would be just under 600, delivered to your door.

I am chewing my fingernails off because I am supposed to be saving money to buy a little bit of land! Otherwise, my order would probably be in already. But I don't think you will see a price cheaper than that in a month or two.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2007, 8:56 AM   #3

...and if you don't need/like/want the kit lens, you can sell it for 50-75 dollar and bring the total investment in the body to right around $600. I just bought mine and wouldn't trade it for any other sub-$2000 body on the market!
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2007, 10:30 AM   #4

Whereabouts in the world are you?

The reason being is that the K10D in the UK is falling, but not as fast as the Samsung equivalent, which is still a lot cheaper than the Pentax, plus £100 off at the moment.

Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2007, 10:43 AM   #5

i'm in the us... wonder if those cuts have crossed the atlantic yet on the samsung?
Old Sep 3, 2007, 10:52 AM   #6

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
You can buy the K10d, with kit lens, from Dell Home right now for 719. If you check out using paypal you get a discount, making the price 647. Add in free shipping and the then rebate, the K10d would be just under 600, delivered to your door.

I am chewing my fingernails off because I am supposed to be saving money to buy a little bit of land! Otherwise, my order would probably be in already. But I don't think you will see a price cheaper than that in a month or two.

Tim
how much w/o the lens??

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2007, 10:57 AM   #7

Roy, I don't think dell offer's the body only. Just pick up the kit and sell the kit lens... You'll come out cheaper anyway...
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2007, 11:13 AM   #8

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
You can buy the K10d, with kit lens, from Dell Home right now for 719.* If you check out using paypal you get a discount, making the price 647.* Add in free shipping and the then rebate, the K10d would be just under 600, delivered to your door.*

Tim
Hey Tim,

I think I got to the point of $719. But the Paypal discount won't show. How to proceed?

Daniel

Revised
p.s. I am done after reaching the Paypal thing. The amount as mentioned by Tim is correct. But my paypal is from Canada and even when the shipment goes to the U S, it won't work for me. So Tim's way is verified. If you want K10D, have a paypal acount and located in the US, go for ti provided of course the amount is right for you. This is a Labor Day deal only.
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2007, 12:20 PM   #9

robar wrote:
Quote:
how much w/o the lens??

roy
Hey Roy,

It is actually more, so you might as well get a second kit lens.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2007, 1:58 PM   #10

I'm trying to order using my US paypal but don't see how i get the paypal discount (i've gone all the way through to the last click) and i don't see the rebate information. can someone send me some instructions? does this deal expire today?