Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:10 PM   #11

Thanks for the info. also Cool your enjoying the new cam.

If I do this, I really feel confident I wouldn't be disapointed. I just spent over an hour looking at pics on flickr taken with the Pentax K100d (which were awesome, even at higher iso settings, just as good as my Nikon) then found some Tamron 18-250 groups and checked those pics out. That lens sure seems to be more than good enough for me. It's close enough to macro and has a nice reach. Even wide angle looked great as long as their were no really obvious straight lines in the pics.

It might be worth it just to be a part of you guys' subforum on here, I must say, you are the most helpful, talkative and friendly area on this message board. :G
Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:17 PM   #12

Highway wrote:
Quote:

It might be worth it just to be a part of you guys' subforum on here, I must say, you are the most helpful, talkative and friendly area on this message board. :G
That and the price difference swayed me from the Nikon and Cannon last year and convinced me to get the DL2. I have now upgraded to the K10D and the g/f (wife in 2 days) has the DL2.

Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:25 PM   #13

Ah your wife snagged your old cam too eh? I had a fuji S6000, was going to sell it but now my wife is really enjoying it.

Hey wedding in 2 days eh? congrats on that. Bet it's going to kill you to not be the one taking the pics at it!

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
Highway wrote:
Quote:

That and the price difference swayed me from the Nikon and Cannon last year and convinced me to get the DL2. I have now upgraded to the K10D and the g/f (wife in 2 days) has the DL2.

Dal
Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:35 PM   #14

Highway wrote:
Quote:
Ah your wife snagged your old cam too eh? I had a fuji S6000, was going to sell it but now my wife is really enjoying it.

Hey wedding in 2 days eh? congrats on that. Bet it's going to kill you to not be the one taking the pics at it!

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
Highway wrote:
Quote:

Dal
Yep she grabbed the previous camera as well - a Kodak Z740 (well she had bought it for me for Xmas!!).

As for the wedding pics, I was tempted - camera on tripod + remote release, but the bruises convinced me not to....

Having shot 3 weddings, it is not my idea of fun - leave it to the experts, like Ira.

Dal

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:57 PM   #15

wow that's the same as me. I was using a little P&S Olympus SP 320, when I got the Fuji, wife took the Olympus, then got the Nikon and wife also took the Fuji. Now she has two and I have one:-)

So weddings aren't fun to shoot? I'm really inexperienced with shooting humans. I just haven't had the opportunity yet, expect for random 'passers by' when out on a walk about. I guess I could do dog weddings as I've taken a million pics of our pets heh heh

This is a good sign, to see how passionately happy everyone is with their Pentax cameras. Thats the first thing I do when considering a camera is visit forums and the flickr forums and look for the 'complaint' threads on the specific camera. I see none so far on here, very cool!

I was just thinking, I have a 1980's all manual vivitar SLR, supposidly it is Pentax compatible. I wonder if it's lens and flash would work on a K100....

Hope the bruises heal! :lol:
Old Sep 8, 2007, 9:32 AM   #16

I've had the K100D for close to a year and started with the two kit lenses. I mostly shoot at public events and found that I was missing too many shots by having the wrong lens mounted when something interesting happened. A couple of weeks ago I bought the Tamron 18-250 and I suspect that it's going to stay on the camera from now on. It's more than good enough for what I want to do and I love the freedom that comes with that much range.
bill.guenthner is offline   Reply With Quote