Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 5, 2007, 2:06 PM   #1

i just closed a deal concerning the SP 300/2.8.
a very friendly person and a collector on another forum just sold me a 140F 1.4x and a 01F 2x and a impossible to find 200F 2x for a total of $90.. these are matched TCs for the 300. this will give me a 420/4 and a 600/5.6. i think my search for reach is over. everything about this lens has just fallen into my hands like clockwork. i think i may be dreaming. first the PKA adapter at half price, then the lens at 25% of the going rate, and now the matched TCs for about a third cost. the 200F is whats incredible as i've never seen one listed.

there are great people out there,
roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 5, 2007, 10:10 PM   #2

Hi Roy,

Well congrats again! (I am getting a bit tired of hearing about great deals that I didn't get tho. . .:-))

I'd be interested in a direct comparison between the 01F and the 200F (and I think that i recall that you also have a Rear Converter A 2x-S too don't you? If so, I'd like to see what you think of all three!). I don't need formal tests -- just your impressions.

I was told that there's little difference between the 01F and the 200F since the latter was designed for increased edge/corner sharpness which is pretty much negated by the smaller image circle on the 1.5x crop factor DSLRs. I also wonder if there's any difference between the dedicated TCs as opposed to the Pentax 2x.

. . . Now all you need is an F1.7x AFA. . .

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 9:08 AM   #3

scott,
i'll do a comparison when i get them. i don't have the 2x-s but i do have the 1.4x-s. that's amother comparison to do.. i doubt i'll be using the 2x much anyway. if i need that much reach i'll pull out the 500/4.5..
and yes, everything about this lens has been a dream as far as the deals i've gotten.

roy
Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:40 AM   #4

So nice when everything falls into place, and the deals are affordable at the time.

Jealousy aside, I am glad the equipment is going to someone with the talent and the time to use it. At the moment, if it were mine, it spend at least half the year in the cupboard! And I would be training on it for the other half..

Dal

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 11:56 AM   #5

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
So nice when everything falls into place, and the deals are affordable at the time.

Jealousy aside, I am glad the equipment is going to someone with the talent and the time to use it. At the moment, if it were mine, it spend at least half the year in the cupboard! And I would be training on it for the other half..

Dal

Congrats....But ya' know it ain't over.....You'll find another soon that will vamp you into a purchase!!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 12:02 PM   #6

I thought I told you to quit robbing the elderly...

...congrats on all your rediculously great deals, quit making me jealous! :-)
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 3:23 PM   #7

See Roy...you live life right...help the ignorant (me!)...give the elderly grief...& the photography gods smile down on ya! Then they send a pigeon by to dump on your camera...just to keep ya in check!!!:G:G:G
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 3:43 PM   #8

When the wind blows, set sail! What's next, Roy?

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 4:19 PM   #9

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
When the wind blows, set sail! What's next, Roy?

Kjell
ah kjell,
wish you hadn't said that. i've been a sailor for a loooong time.. after 911 i had to sell my beloved ''Les Bons Temp'', 27' catalina. i thought photography would be cheaper.. how little i knew..

about the only thing i've missed was spending the night on the boat once a week.. i can sail anytime i want to.. i know people that'll just throw their keys to me. one of the most peaceful places on earth is being 6 stories up a mast.

roy
edit: the sailing stories i can tell.. woo:blah:
Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:25 PM   #10

Another peaceful place I tried was in Nicaragua. I was there with a group of Swedes, and our task was to build a school together with the villagers. The school should also have a latrine, and it was my privilege to dig the hole. Seven metres deep, on meter wide. Aaah, what a joy to flee the busy life of the surface and stay down there half a day and dig in solitude.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote