Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 6, 2007, 1:31 PM   #11

no exif info

do you still have the fuji? a number of us came from fuji.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 2:09 PM   #12

Wow... all of these are good... but that shot of the cat is amazing... Keep it up!

Nick
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 4:52 PM   #13

Glad you all like the cat shot,I cant tell you how stunnedI was whenIsaw the sharpness of it on screen. The Pentax K10d has simply blown me away, i never expected to get results like that especially not straight away.

I do still have the fuji 9500, a cracking little camera and certainley helped me to understand photography better. I think the term prosumer bridge camera suits it well as it certainley not your average P&S. Though after nearly two years with it, I was getting frustrated with the lack of detail in the shots and the S-L-O-W RAW write times.

Thanks for all your positive comments andmaking me feel welcome, I hope I can deliver some great shots in the months to come.

Regards

Goth:|

Dandelion head, shot with 70-300 APO DG Sigma, shot as JPEG with default in-camera settings no pp done.
Attached Images

gothiquity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 4:54 PM   #14

Sorry forgot to add that im fairly new to this posting photographs thing. If there is any ettiquette i should be following please let me know. Im not sure how to include EXIF info , any tips greatly apprecaited

Regards

Goth
Old Sep 6, 2007, 5:05 PM   #15

Another great shot... What are you using to resize your pictures?
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 5:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Took a few random shots around the home, and went for a little walk. Granted I nev4r ventured off the Green ( NOVICE) setting but i was just getting to grips with how the camera handles etc,
These pictures elevate you above the novice category - you obviously have experience. Taking pictures is like riding a bicycle, once you have mastered one, you can use another without learning all over again. The green mode is not only for beginners - it is intended for just the type of random shots you were taking, allowing the camera to do the thinking for you under changing conditions. Using manual or altered settings requires some preplanning, which is not always convenient or possible.

As for ettiquette, looking over other posts should clue you in on what is acceptable. The folks in this forum are particularly friendly, and usually will tolerate the occasional transgression.

Exif is automatically attached to images by newer cameras, but postprocessing can remove it. Its absence may bother a few people (it must keep Roy up at night), but just posting basic information seems to satisfy most viewers (and many posters do not even do that much). If people have specific queations, theycan ask.

You are off to a great start.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 6:30 PM   #17

Another ex-Fuji here, I had an S7000 that currently is in use by my son.

The cat is a magnificent job, well done.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2007, 2:36 AM   #18

Thaks for all the great comments.

Think that Cat picture is going to be one of my best shots ever.

I use Adobe Photoshop Elements 5 for my digi work, using the save for web for resizing/resampling, seems to work ok without too much loss in detail.

Interesting to see several folk here migrating from Fuji, will be off to Martin Mere onSunday hopefully get some decent water fowl shots, will post if i get anything good.:|

regards

Goth
Old Sep 7, 2007, 10:24 AM   #19

When you use "save for web" it will strip out the exif information - that's one of the program's ways of making the file smaller. You might want to play around a bit and try doing a regular "save as" with a reasonable amount of compression to keep the file size down but leave the exif information intact. It's not as convenient as doing "save for web" but I always do it that way - if I have a question later about some setting, the information is right in the file (I'm not as good about remembering little things like aperture and shutter speed - lucky if I remember whether I usedthe flash or not!).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2007, 1:38 PM   #20

Thanks for the tip mtngal, will try that when I next post some pics. Must admit i find it hard to remember all the fine details too, just glad I can recall which lens I used

Regards

Goth