Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 7, 2007, 3:14 PM   #21

P, i don't loose any sleep over it. i just like right clicking the image for a quick scan.

goth, harriet pretty much said how to save the exif. it does add about 10k to the file.
also, if you post an image over 900pixels wide at 72dpi it will make even someone with a 19'' screen have to scrool to see the entire imag. not do bad for the image but it also lets all the text run that far also. most here stick to 800 wide. in elements just use the ''save as option'' you are not saving your original unless you say yes when you close the image.

wide awake in dallas,

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2007, 3:18 PM   #22

I'm glad I'm not the only one that randomly looks at exif all over the net. I often even find myself checking out EXIF on ebay pictures or even the pictures on my wife's favorite parenting forums.

Nick
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2007, 3:53 PM   #23

Thanks for the additional info roy, i wil hopefully get my next posted pics done correctly for you all, apologies if Ive caused any problems

Cheers

Goth
gothiquity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2007, 4:08 PM   #24

Ok I need help on this one, i amended a pic posted in the evening walk PT ii post of the dragon fly, I right clicked it after i had posted it, but no exif data ! What have I done wrong i followed mtngal's instructions

Im either being a tad dense or I missed something out, help please

regards

Goth
Attached Images

Old Sep 7, 2007, 4:19 PM   #25

Exif is attached to that one... You have to download an exif viewer such as Opanda iExif (freeware) then you will have a "view exif" option anytime you click a picture...many pictures on the web do not contain exif information, but most of the photographers here leave it intact.

Nick
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2007, 4:58 PM   #26

thanks Nick

got opanda

working great now, cheers for the help

regards

Goth
Old Sep 7, 2007, 5:03 PM   #27

that did it dude.
go HERE for a program that lets you ck exif online
if you want to ck it using XP on an image on your machine rt clik the image>properties>summary>advanced.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2007, 6:05 PM   #28

Going back to your dragonfly - was that one handheld???? 300mm at a shutter speed of 1/125! If you handheld that one, you have a much steadier hand than I have.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2007, 6:13 PM   #29

Excellent shot of the dragonfly!!

Talking about exif data, if you use a free browser called Opera, it automatically shows the exif data of any image, if exif data is present (right click the image and see the exif data). I like Opera for its small size and it is easy to configure its various options.

http://www.opera.com

Sorry for this shameless plug of a browser.

Best regards,

-thepusher
thepusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2007, 4:07 AM   #30

mtngal, yes that shot was handheld which is probably why its not as sharp as it could be. didnt have my pod with me as it was just one of those times when i didnt think i would use it, murphys law I think.

It was a very shaded path, normally not much to see except maybe a few birds, heard the dragonfly bustle past then settle on the fence, took about thirty shots of it, some with flash, but that one was one of the better ones.

Dont think i have particularly steady hands, think it was more down to the SR of the pentax. Still Im happy with the shot.

Thanks for your comments

Regards

Goth