Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 2, 2007, 1:34 AM   #111
PDL

My interpretation of the challenge was not to shoot a macro but to find the detail in a subject on a somewhat larger scale. While I really like Ira's stuff - I prefer the second image - the one labeled not intended for the contest.

The images of old rusty stuff just makes me shake, as I can not pass up a good piece of rust to shoot. (I shoot pealing paint and rust --- oh baby).

However, the detail captured in WakyRogers boot and stirrup gets my vote. The denim, leather, horse hair, fuzzed up rope, mud on the boot and the turned up dirt show a wide variety of textures which in my view captures the idea of detail. There is a lot going on in the image but it is the weave of the blue jeans that just screams detail.

PDL
PDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2007, 2:20 AM   #112

My vote's for Roger's stirrups.
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2007, 8:10 AM   #113

PDL - as a minor clarification (and certainly not to change your vote), I wanted to be inclusive with this topic, rather than exclusive, so either macros or larger would fit into the topic. I wasn't thinking so much about challenging people to look at details in largersizes (though that's certainly a good subject in itself, come to think of it), I was trying to make sure that those out there without macro lenses would be able to find something to submit (thinking inclusive, rather than exclusive).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2007, 9:12 AM   #114

i just wanted to start by saying there were a bunch of excellent entries this month!

I love Harriet's chain link fence, it shows such distinct detail in something I wouldn't expect to see such interesting patterns in. It almost looks like the pattern of snake skin on the chain link.

Richard's clock face, I really likehow you captured the shadows along with the clock face. It is an interesting picture.

Ira's needle, it just has all the elements of a classic photo, a true work of art.

xfxgeforced's flower, i love the colors, how you decided to shoot the flower in the left side of the frame, a very simple but powerful capture. well done!

a200's photo is just great and fits the challenge really well.Italmost has a3D effectand itlooks like the cleats are coming out instead of in. i'm really glad youalso posted the2nd shot so I knew what it was.

Really any of these would be winnerson any other day of the week, but for some reason today, I've got to go with Harriet and the chain link fence. The immense detail she was able to capture out of something so ordinary that I would have never thought in a million years to snap a photo of. Great job!
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2007, 9:21 AM   #115

I think a new rule is needed - stop posting so many excellent photos!!! It's too damn difficult to choose between them. However, I'm going for Harriet's fence. I just love it.

Keith
Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2007, 12:58 PM   #116

Harriet gets my vote for the chain link fence.

Fred
Fred2726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2007, 3:45 PM   #117

Keithw wrote:
Quote:
I think a new rule is needed - stop posting so many excellent photos!!! It's too darn difficult to choose between them. However, I'm going for Harriet's fence. I just love it.

Keith
Keith

You are right. That is why a boring thread is needed. My vote was kind of tossing between that of Ira's and WageRoger's. Between images of a dreamy pointer and part of an a_ _kicking outfit. Got to vote anyway and my vote goes to Roger

Daniel, Toronto
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2007, 6:38 PM   #118

Some wonderful shots, but I've got to go with Ira's needle.
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2007, 9:01 PM   #119

Well, rather than list all the ones I almost voted for (quite a few) I am just going to vote for Roy's screwy picture :-). It was the composition that decided me, nicely done in a month with many nicely done photos.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2007, 11:42 PM   #120

My vote goes to Roy
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote