Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 6, 2007, 3:45 PM   #131

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
The voting is all done, though it was REALLY close. I hope Roger isn't too busy out hunting to choose a topic for October, because he got one more vote than Ira.

Well done, Roger! Now it's your turn to choose a topic.
WOW!!!!

What a pleasant surprise. Thanks to all who participated and also to all who voted.

October Topic is

Transportation (Anythingor a part of something that can be use to get from one place to another place)

I figure this is a wide open topic and should let us all see lots of different style photos.

"Good Luck"

Sorry to all, cuz I haven't had time to participate much on the forum but work calls.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2007, 9:09 PM   #132

i think there should be a size limit
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2007, 10:50 PM   #133

Quote:

Keith

My vote was kind of tossing between that of Ira's and WageRoger's. Between images of a dreamy pointer and part of an a_ _kicking outfit. Got to vote anyway and my vote goes to Roger

Daniel, Toronto
Bragging moment: it was close just as I said.
Well well well if my picture is as good as my judgment......

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2007, 2:06 AM   #134

Congratulations on the win Roger! (you owe me)

Transportation... I'll say that's wide open.

"Anything or a part of something that can be use to get from one place to another place." You mean like a stirrup Roger? Very sneaky...

:blah:

For anyone interested in getting my vote, I'm not giving any creativity points to pictures of money, passports, disguises, handcuffs, leashes, or anything cute like that. And if you post a picture of your feet, they'd better be amazing feet.

Well Roger, I guess you'd better make it official with a new thread. Be sure and let us know what rules apply. One suggestion though, perhaps we should do without the rule that says the photo needs to be taken this month. I know that at least one of the photos entered and voted on was posted many months ago (and well received then as well), but I didn't say anything because for all I know every single photo could have been taken years ago. Besides, for many of us the weather in Fall isn't going to be as conducive for outdoor photography as it may be for someone living in the desert.
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2007, 7:09 AM   #135

Congratulations Roger, transportation should make for some interesting postings.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2007, 9:52 AM   #136

Corpsy - do you mean that the picture I had planned of a pair of sneakers with the laces tied together and slung over a gym locker door wouldn't get your vote either? And here I was thinking how clever I was being! Guess it's back to the drawing board...
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2007, 10:09 AM   #137

Congrats, Roger! Whatta close one! I agree with Roy that size should be the prerequisite given to all of the challenges...other than sticking to the theme, of course! The size factor worked very nicely last month & makes it easy to review the thread at the end of the month.

This should be yet another interesting month for the challenge...good idea, Roger!
Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2007, 10:26 AM   #138

Hey Roger, don't forget to start the topic. I can't wait to see the results.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2007, 12:07 PM   #139

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Corpsy - do you mean that the picture I had planned of a pair of sneakers with the laces tied together and slung over a gym locker door wouldn't get your vote either? And here I was thinking how clever I was being! Guess it's back to the drawing board...
Don't misunderstand me! A good picture is a good picture, and your concept sounds like it perfectly fits the theme. All I'm saying is that if someone thinks they're being clever by posting a picture of their diploma and saying, "this is what got me where I am today", that wouldn't be clever at all. That's just obnoxious.
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote