Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 9, 2007, 1:19 PM   #31

New entry on currect page
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 6:44 PM   #32

A little boring and I'm sure it's been done before but I had to try out the new, old 50mm A 1.4 wide open. It was a little bit of LBA since I already have the 50mm A 1.7. I'm not sure if the detail is the keyboard as part of the computer or the dirt as part of the keyboard. Does that count as multiple entries?

Attached Images

jerkules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 6:50 PM   #33

Wow - love the entries coming in, including Nick's sneaker. Welcome, Eddie - nice way to start off. And I always love your model train set, Richard.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 7:03 PM   #34

H,
i guess i'm an old foggy. i had no clue what nicks post was sneakers, thanks.. i only wear sperry..

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 7:07 PM   #35

jerkules wrote:
Quote:
A little boring and I'm sure it's been done before but I had to try out the new, old 50mm A 1.4 wide open. It was a little bit of LBA since I already have the 50mm A 1.7. I'm not sure if the detail is the keyboard as part of the computer or the dirt as part of the keyboard. Does that count as multiple entries?
i'm judging the dirt... looks pretty good..:blah:

with the 1.4 you gain a half stop and a more defined area for DOF effects.

roy
Old Sep 9, 2007, 7:57 PM   #36

That's a detail of a keyboard, too, since it doesn't show the entire keyboard. Glad to see I'm not the only one with a keyboard that isn't the cleanest!

Roy - you are an old foggy. As I recall, you've got a couple of months on me - or do I have a couple of months on you? I don't remember - is that old age catching up to me? In any case, I'm definitely low-maintenance when it comes to shoes. Myshoes are made by Asics (so I see the K Swiss boxes all the time), Vasque, or Sorel. I have a pair of SAS sandles for dress-up and that's it. I'm sure some of you guys who are married to other ladies that like shoes wish you had my shoe budget, don't you?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 8:09 PM   #37

I've got it good, my wife buys a lot of shoes, but they are usually pretty cheap Payless/Off-Brand type shoes that will only get worn once or twice. The only exception is her Rainbow (for the fogies: it's the brand, not color ) flops and tennis shoes.

Nick
Old Sep 9, 2007, 8:27 PM   #38

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
I have a pair of SAS sandles for dress-up and that's it.
SAS= san antonio shoes.. i've tried them but only the higher end sperry's let me walk for more than 8-10 hours. tennis shoes??? forget it. i've tried to find something comfortable but it never works out. i think i probably have about $600 worth of shoes that i never wear.. stores tend tobe negative on returns when the shoes have been worn a few days.

roy
Old Sep 9, 2007, 8:31 PM   #39

Wow, ya'll are old, lol/jk. I can't imagine wearing anything besides sneakers. I pretty much live in them, I have 3 pairs of shoes: K-Swiss (sneakers), New Balance (sneakers), and a pair of cheap Dr. Schoals dress shoes.

There's a couple things I just now noticed. First, how off-topic we can get with a picture of a shoe. Next, how the word "sneakers" starts to sound odd after saying it several times.

Nick
Old Sep 9, 2007, 9:21 PM   #40

This one from the botanical gardens (a pink echinacea flower) shows a lot of detail. Great shots by everyone else! I love how sometimes boring things, like a rusty fence, can be so interesting when you can see the detail in it.

here's the photo on my flickr page (hotlinked from it): http://flickr.com/photos/teefizz/625626694/
xfxgeforced is offline   Reply With Quote