Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 7, 2007, 10:06 PM   #1

Hi All,

Been reading and viewing all the therads here and the rest of the borad and having a good time too.So much so I can't rememberwhere I readwhator what I read where, CRSI guess.Thought I had read that there were adapter for the Pentax mount that allows you to use non Pentax lenes on a Pentax (K10D) camera.Did I read correctely or was it just a case of staying up too late. I have a set of Minlota AF lenes and it should would be nice ifI could use them on a K10D at least for a time. As I have notice in this forum that thebigger, better lens bug hits hard.

Thanks,

Craig

PS

Robar, yes I'm the same Calicajun you know and what happen to you picture of the day you use to send out?:G

Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 8, 2007, 8:23 AM   #2

craig, you need to break down and buy yourself a real camera and join jack and myself over here. there's someone here that can tell you how to alter the M* lenses to fit pentax. most other brand cameras have too close of a sensor/film focal distance to work on a pentax. my pic of the day ended when the real summer started here and i got tired of posting birds. it's good to see you over here. at least you are on the right track.you will not be let down with the k10d. dell has a great deal going right now.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!!,

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2007, 10:29 AM   #3

Hi Craig,
You know me better as jaber--- (Guess who) ... K10D is it, looks like you came into money. I joined Roy over here a while back when I got the K100D which I love, went that way to make use of a few M42 screwfit lenses from my film days with the Praktica super TL. So welcome ... glad to become reacquainted. ... Jack
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2007, 11:09 AM   #4

You can do a conversion of those lens but you won't be able to get infinity focus with them. The back lens distance is just wrong and you'll not be able to totally over come it. Anything beyond 30-40 feet distance is impossible to get a focus after they are converted. That's Minolta and Konica lens. They will be very sharp closer but no infinity focus. Unless you are a good machinist you are better off selling them on Ebay and get some lens in the M42 or P/K mount so they fit on the K10D and work like they are supposed to. Believe me I know as I have converted many of these to P/K mounts. The best conversion so far has been the Yashica/Contax lens as they are spaced right to give an infinity focus. Hope this helps.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2007, 11:15 AM   #5

You still here Dawg ?, I thought you'd be long gone by now ... Has herself relented, or is she just biding her time. LOL ... Glad you're still with us. ... Jack
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2007, 12:59 PM   #6

Hey Dawg & Roy!!

Do youse know if the Nikon Micro-Nikkor 200mm f4 ED (IF) can be converted to K-mount?? With infinity focus??

Looking for an alternative to the FA* 200mm f4 Macro ED (IF) which I'll never be able to afford..$3000.00 plus for the last one to sell on e-Bay!!

Figure approximately $500 to $800 for a good copy of the lens, along with several hundred dollars to have the lens mount re-machined / converted to a P/K mount..

Thinking total cost under $1000 USD would be acceptable, if and only if infinity focus could be retained..

Since the Micro-Nikkor 200mm f4 ED (IF) is reasonably equivalent, as far as optical quality & performance is concerned, to the FA* 200mm f4 Macro ED (IF) I'd like to know if such a conversion might be possible..

If the conversion would be possible, then I assume that it would only allow the lens to be used in a manual mode..Which would be alright with me as I don't find myself using AF with my macro photography anyway..

Thanks, Bruce

P.S. Don't have the funds for such a conversion right now, but if it was possible to achieve then I would start saving up the money..I'd really like to have a high-quality 200mm macro lens for insect photography..
baltochef920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2007, 1:23 PM   #7

i don't think you can make a nikon to K mount as the nikons rear to film plane is too small. i did see a smc 500mm/f4.5 with a nikon mount but it had at least one lens in it for correcting the focal distance. i may be wrong. i'm not sure if sigma and tamron make one for pentax but both of them do make a 180mm 1:1 macro. i do know that they sell for under $1000.

roy
Old Sep 8, 2007, 1:57 PM   #8

Nikon adapters are out there but all I've ever seen say infinity focus is not achieved. Same problem with a conversion.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2007, 3:47 PM   #9

Thanks for the insight, now I just have to get the wife to make up my mind as Christmas is just around the corner. Beside I'm planning on retiring in June 2008 so I better get all the toys now while I (any excuse will do) am still working.

BTW, everyone on this forum has posted some great looking pictures, always enjoy viewing the new posts.

Jachol, great to see you here too, I was actually looking for you the other day. Had a question about duplicating slides using a digital camera. Didn't you have a home made thing of a jig for doing that task?
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2007, 3:53 PM   #10

he did IIRC
craig, in all honesty i think you'll be happiest with the pentax line. with sony you'll be pretty much trapped with in their system.. you know how sony just loves proprietary products.

roy