Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 9, 2007, 9:38 PM   #21

Congratulations Roy, I have not seen one of those (200f) for sale. www.adaptall.com has a lot of good info on these lenses. I am interested to see your thoughts after you try the two 2x converters side by side.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2007, 9:49 AM   #22

me too but it's been too hot or wet or i've been lazy. i packed up the tripod and all the other stuff yesterday and then decided it was too hot. it's raining(again) today so it doesn't look good. i did make a cap for the 01f which i was worried about because it extends so much.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2007, 12:45 PM   #23

There are some converters currently on ebay, but B&H's used department has several at better prices ($20-30)- I even found a dedicated 1:1extension tubeformy 90mm macro (i didn't know/remember there even was one - at$39 cost more than the converters they have, so it must be much harder to find). This is LBA - I wouldn't even have been looking if it weren't for this thread!
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2007, 6:12 PM   #24

robar wrote:
Quote:
you don't happen to have any of tamron's rear lens caps do you or know where they can be had??
My used extension tube from B&H came today, and it was fitted with a Canon Eos body cap which bayonets into it perfectly once the locking tab is depressed! There's your solution!:idea:

B&H also has in their used department a close-out on brand new sealed Konica-Minolta NP400 lithiums which are interchangeable with the Pentax K10 battery (Maxxum 5D and 7D) - the only difference is slightly less capacity (same voltage) at 1500mAh vs 1620mAh . . . but for $5.95 (!) who can complain?
Old Sep 13, 2007, 6:43 PM   #25

penolta wrote:
Quote:
robar wrote:
Quote:
you don't happen to have any of tamron's rear lens caps do you or know where they can be had??
My used extension tube from B&H came today, and it was fitted with a Canon Eos body cap which bayonets into it perfectly once the locking tab is depressed! There's your solution!:idea:

B&H also has in their used department a close-out on brand new sealed Konica-Minolta NP400 lithiums which are interchangeable with the Pentax K10 battery (Maxxum 5D and 7D) - the only difference is slightly less capacity (same voltage) at 1500mAh vs 1620mAh . . . but for $5.95 (!) who can complain?
be careful. people might take this like you are promoting a sale at B&H..

roy
Old Sep 13, 2007, 6:43 PM   #26

d-post
Old Sep 13, 2007, 7:10 PM   #27

robar wrote:
Quote:
be careful. people might take this like you are promoting a sale at B&H..

roy
Just pointing out a bargain to be had. There is no profit in this -- at $5.95 they are losing money just to clear out old stock, and I don't think they will be paying me a commission, either. . . .
Old Sep 13, 2007, 10:57 PM   #28

Prof, i agree 100% but the god's have told me it's a nono. they've also blocked me from posting any link to an ebay link. it's my own fault tho..

roy
Old Sep 14, 2007, 12:50 PM   #29

robar wrote:
Quote:
Prof, i agree 100% but the god's have told me it's a nono. they've also blocked me from posting any link to an ebay link. it's my own fault tho..

roy
Website operators can besubject to lawsuits for a variety of reasons, so nonprofit sites must be careful about promoting businesses or interfering with someone's business. On the antiique forums I moderate we have similar policies. We do not allow commercial (for profit) listings, including ebay - we do not even allow discussions of ongoing individual auctions because it could be construed as interference in the sale, (we almost got sued once for pointing out an outright lie by an ebay seller, so there are liability issues to consider) nor do we allow research for sale items to be done with us (Most antiquesare one-of-a-kind items). We do have a place for members to post an occasionalpersonal item for sale or to post a desire to purchase an item, which is forbidden in our other forums. However we do allow notices to members of items of interest by members where no conflict of interest exists and no profit to an individual is involved. We do allow recommendations of books where there is more than one copy available, and to sources where multiple sellera are involved, such as a category of items on ebay. So if we say certain lenses are to be found on ebay it should be OK as long as we do not specify one seller in particular when others have the same item. It should also be OK to point members to a bargain where the same item is available elsewhere at higher prices - this is more to the benefit of the members than the seller. All this is at the discretion of the moderators, of course, but as long as prudent judgement is exercized there should be no problems - we see here frequent mention of lens and camera prices and sources in our discussions, but that is a far cry from posting an obvious advertising notice to promote someones business.