Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 12, 2007, 12:29 PM   #21

Here are two to the Bower labelled ones. The sellers can provide adapters to whichever size lens you need - check with the seller first or go to their ebay stores and see if there is one specified for that size (name of the camera in the listing is immaterial - just a marketing ploy. The one Opteka listing I think is a used one, so be sure the provided adapter is the right one (although you can get your own - any brand ring will work). Look at the pictures in the listings - regardless of the importer name marked, there is only one that looks like that (my Opteka came with a Bower ring)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Slide-Copier-Dup...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/HD-SLIDE-COPIER-...QQcmdZViewItem
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2007, 1:01 PM   #22

Adorama still sells new duplicators with T-mounts for about $85US, I have seen it in their ads.

http://www.adorama.com/CESDZ.html?se...&item_no=3

Ira

Image courtesy of Adorama.

Attached Images

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2007, 7:07 AM   #23

Thanks for the links everyone. Will need to check this out.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2007, 5:05 PM   #24

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Following the posts on this thread, I ordered an Opteka slide copier to fit over a 52mm lens on my DL. I should receive itsome timenext week. I will report on the results as soon as I complete some conversions.

Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2007, 5:26 PM   #25

Hi Jelpee,

I just spent the last 20 minutes rereading this thread and checking out all the links given. I was going to get the same thing. The Opteka for 52mm. Did you get one off ebay?
Old Sep 15, 2007, 8:51 PM   #26

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

nhmom wrote:
Quote:
Hi Jelpee,

I just spent the last 20 minutes rereading this thread and checking out all the links given. I was going to get the same thing. The Opteka for 52mm. Did you get one off ebay?
That's a roger! 47th Street Photo has a ton of them on ebay for $59 or so (buy now price). I won a bid at $53 on Friday night (not much of a discount but still well within my budget). Funny thing is that their listings show them for various makes of cameras. It does not make any sense since all that matters is that it fits a 52mm filter thread--must be their idea of a marketing gimmick:?. If you'd give me about a week or so, I'll provide an opinion on how good this device is--may save you 50 bucks.

Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2007, 1:33 AM   #27

jelpee wrote:
Quote:
I will report on the results as soon as I complete some conversions.
I for one will wait impatiently.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2007, 7:14 AM   #28

I'll wait impatiently with Kjell. Although, I'm going to have to stop coming here. My list of "have to haves" right now is this converter, a tripod and a macro lens at a minimum. I'd also still like more than my 200 zoom. Of course, there's much more I really "want". I consider the converter and tripod to be needs and the lens to be extras. My husband considers them all to be extras!:-)
Old Sep 16, 2007, 12:02 PM   #29

My wife is from the same school of thought. She believes camera+lens= why do you need anything else?:?
tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2007, 3:50 PM   #30

I was asked to post an example. This image (copied and pasted from another thread) was digitized with the Opteka on a Tamron 28-200 XR and *istD from a 1992 ISO 400 Ektachromerome. I ordered it with a 52>62mm stepup adapter ring. Quality of reproduction of course depends on the optics used for the original and the duplicate, and on the quality of the original slide, so the information gathered froman image such as this is relative to all those, as well as the ISO used for the copy and the degree of postprocessing done on it. There appears to have been some background noise picked up in the skyduring duping and/or pp that I did not attempt to filter out. All you can do is try it and compare with your own slides.

Last edited by penolta; Jul 19, 2010 at 8:44 PM.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote