Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 8, 2007, 9:02 PM   #1

Went out today and done some shooting with my new K10D. Got home and checking out my shots. Viewed 'actual size' in PS and something wasn't quit right.

Was playing around with the camera last night. Put it on 2MP, and forgot to change it back.

At least it was just the file size and not something else. I have shot the wrong ISO and had some real nice grainy pics before.

macshak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 8, 2007, 11:18 PM   #2

Cool shots - love the first one.

Good advice - I know what you mean aboutunexpected grain - I leave the K10's Sv setting at 1600 for those times I really want to use it. Occasionally I accidentally turn the mode dial from P to Sv when I'm putting it in or taking it out of the camera bag and don't notice.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 8:41 AM   #3

This is one of the biggest problems I have with the K10d. It is so flexible and can adjusted to so many different situations that I will set it for one set-up and forget to check everything the next time I use it (I'm particularly bad about setting a high ISO for a low-light shot--then shooting in perfect light the next time with a ridiculously high ISO.)
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 9:51 AM   #4

Don't feel bad, I think we all make these mistakes at one time or another, usually when we are so caught up in the subject that we forget about the tools. WB or ISO are my biggest errors because I never change file type or size except for occasional use of RAW.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 10:04 AM   #5

yep
been there
done that with the high iso
you think i would learn
but i keep doing it
:?

i like the photos by the way
although it seems they have a colour cast

Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 10:57 AM   #6

Forgetting about the white balance has given me a couple of really unusual looking shots - sometimes that ooops works in your favor!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 11:49 AM   #7

Yes, I have used custom indoor WB many times while outside... Those blue pictures that I am sure we all have seen. LOL. ISO is my other common problem, but if they are exposed correctly, the noise isn't usually all that bad. Never had this problem, but then again I have never shot anything besides 10mp*** jpegs or RAW.
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 12:23 PM   #8

I am glad I am not alone here. I have only had the K10D for 2 wks and I am still discovering things out about it. There are a lot more options compared to my DS. It is now set on RAW/10MP. Try to keep it there. And Gumnut, yeah, just noticed the WB was off. Maybe I try again.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 2:37 PM   #9

my latest error is that i finally bought a card reader. there's usually a number of photo ops around the outside if the house. after about 5 times of going out and taking a few shots without a card in the cam i got wise. now if i take a card out i put the one in the reader back into the cam. haven't had a problem since. except the card the reader is real slow.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 6:43 PM   #10

I've done that too Roy. Last year at my daughters birthday party. Rented a building for the party. Had the stereo system, food, games etc. Card still in card reader at home. At least I did have my video camera.