Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 14, 2007, 2:53 PM   #21

baltochef920 wrote:
Quote:
Dawg

Feel free to post my Ant Hunting Missive on any other forum that you dersire!!

My original intent was to posta toungue-in-cheek one liner about the Les Baer .45 Long Slide, post the reply, & move on..

I believe that I sat down to check out Steve's about 10:30 or so last night..Right after typing the line re: the Les Baer I had to go use the bathroom..

Upon coming back to the computer, one thought led to another, & I just kept typing on..Absolutely could not stop adding one thought to another..Never done anything like it before!!..

The next thing I knew it was 3:01 A.M. when I hit the send button..

As you might surmise, I have shot firearms & hunted..The whole post turned from a mild teasing of you for the idea of shooting at ants with a .45 into a serious poking of fun at shooting & hunting in general..

I hope that everyone who readsit will take it in the way it was intended..Humourous and not seriously!!

The Colt 1911A1 .45 caliber semi-automatic handgun is my favorite pistol to shoot..

My dream is to own a Les Baer someday!!

BTW, your photos are exellent..They show steady improvement & reflect your passion for photography..Good luck with learning to use flash..

Keep up the good work!!

Bruce
Thanks Bruce I will use it. If that missive were entered in a contest for creative writting it would win hands down. Thanks again on your comments and your imagination.

Ed AKA
Big Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2007, 2:54 PM   #22

jachol wrote:
Quote:
Dawg,
You'll likely need more diffusion with close-ups and particularly macros, the shots above were done with the OB flash wound down as low as it will go and added diffusion. Like Roy I think macro and flash go hand in hand. Just my thoughts .. can only suggest you try it. ... Jack.
I'll have to put this on my TO DO list ASAP. Thanks Jack!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote