Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 16, 2007, 3:49 PM   #11

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
robar wrote:
Quote:
edit: everything contained in my body hurts except my back which i've used correctly all my remembered past. knock on wood.
Consider yourself lucky. I have the other aches and pains (as I've mentioned) AND an arthritic back. Just can't win, can I?
That makes three of us!!!! My list of medical Issues Could go On for pages.
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2007, 6:54 PM   #12

Well, I can join the crowd of aches and pains. Arthritic knees and back that affect my photography, plus much more add to the list. Can't stoop low for some shots, carry lots of weight long, etc. I'm using the LowePro Slingshot 100 right now. It's jam packed. I don't know that I could carry it all if I had any of the long lenses you have here. I find I carry it only and not a purse if I'm going to be walking a lot.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2007, 8:57 PM   #13

nhmom wrote:
Quote:
I find I carry it only and not a purse if I'm going to be walking a lot.
Stick the drivers licence and car keysin the front of the slingshot, money ina pocket somewhere,and skip the rest ofthe purse's contents. The camera stuff is far more important! Only problem with this (my weekend configuration) is that I often forget to move the drivers licence back into my wallet. No big deal because the camera bag is always with me so it doesn't really matter what it's in.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2007, 2:40 PM   #14

this pack is to put it bluntly is HUGE. i've gotten everything in in it except the tamron 300/2.8 and the tak500/4.5 together i think i may be able to do it tho. it'll be a travel bag only because of the weight. now i know what plastic lenses are good for. i can see travling with this and maybe a smaller BP or BPack. it's good to know where everything is and you can pick and choose the days line up.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2007, 5:17 PM   #15

I have an Amvona Dynatran backpack that was a "free" bonus when I bought the Dynatran tripod. It is huge and I just use it for storage, the internal divider system is its weakest feature, not terribly well thought out.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2007, 5:30 PM   #16

this one has some really weird dividers. a couple i haven't figured out yet. i'd say packed it's 70+#. i doubt i'd get far with it. add a laptop & a tripod and rent a limo..

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote