Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 18, 2007, 3:37 PM   #1

I recently posted about my new FA 50mm f1.4 lens, well I just sent it back!!:shock: The reason is that I just received verification by email that I have won an FA 50mm f1.4 lens from Pentax Imaging Company through their Pentaxian website.

I had to return the lens I bought before 21 days passed and I will use the store credit to help purchase a K100D Super for my wife Annette (that way she gets SR and the sensor cleaning and I get my DL back:-)). That will be her Christmas present (hope she doesn't start reading this forum).

I know it is risky returning the lens before receiving the other but it was now or never. Check out the Pentaxian site, there are still other prizes to win and the video profiles are very interesting. http://www.pentaxian.com/

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 18, 2007, 3:59 PM   #2

congrats and how did this happen??

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2007, 4:40 PM   #3

robar wrote:
Quote:
congrats and how did this happen??

roy
http://www.pentaxian.com/contest_rules

Just got lucky, found a winning block.

Ira
Old Sep 18, 2007, 5:04 PM   #4

Congrats!! Now if you'd only ordered a gross of K10D's before that contest

Edited: So like the rest of us I'm trying to find a winning square. No luck, But I did find Roy! edited again: Then Kjell! Small Pentax World
CyberCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2007, 8:34 PM   #5

yeah, i found a couple you guys too

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2007, 8:56 PM   #6

Haven't found anyone yet... But let me get this straight... I jsut click around on blocks and if I hit a winner, something will pop up OR appear at the bottom? Anyone who has won anything could help answer this question... what happens when you click a winning block?

Edit: Just found Roy! ...and Ira!

Nick

inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2007, 9:47 PM   #7

Quote:
To begin the entry process visit http://www.pentaxian.com and click on the "Community" tab. You will be presented with "Square Tags" positioned over a map. Click on the tags to find randomly placed prize. If prize is revealed click where indicated to access prize claim form and click "Submit." For residents of Canada only, potential winner will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question in order to receive a prize.
:shock:Ira, does Pentax have some doubt about the abilities of our northern neighbors??? What kind of math question did they pose for you?
Rufus T Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2007, 12:08 PM   #8

Rufus T Firefly wrote:
Quote:
:shock:Ira, does Pentax have some doubt about the abilities of our northern neighbors??? What kind of math question did they pose for you?
Canadian laws require you to actually "earn" a prize not just win it, as a result any large scale contest must have that feature. I haven't been asked a question yet but last year my wife won a BBQ from Tim Horton's, the question was rediculously easy (they do not want people to lose, it looks bad in advertising).

Ira
Old Oct 1, 2007, 4:50 PM   #9

It arrived, I now have the legendary FA50mm f1.4 for free!!! I feel that I have been rewarded by the great spirit of Pentax for my loyalty.

As you may have gathered I do not win contests very often. I have already ordered nice metal lens hoods for all of my lenses.

Ira
Old Oct 2, 2007, 8:41 AM   #10

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
It arrived, I now have the legendary FA50mm f1.4 for free!!! I feel that I have been rewarded by the great spirit of Pentax for my loyalty.

As you may have gathered I do not win contests very often. I have already ordered nice metal lens hoods for all of my lenses.

Ira
Yeahhhhh Ira...Way to go....If I can get more than a couple of seconds free time I'll have to drop in on the Pentaxians.......Maybe they won't require me to read a passage from McGuffie's reader...I never could get pass the first paragraph or two!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote