Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 24, 2007, 8:51 AM   #1

some more from our honeymoon, hope you like them. istDL2 with kit lens, only resized.

BTW: we've been on Canary Islands

4 (maybe not at work exactly )

any comments welcomed

greg
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 24, 2007, 12:48 PM   #2

For anyone who has ever experienced it, the surf shots are very evocative - you can almost hear the roar of the surf, smell the salt air and feel the ocean spray in your face. Well done.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2007, 2:37 PM   #3

nice shots but for the breaking waves on the rocks i think'd i'd have gotten down more or even shoot laying down. i think it would some height to them.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2007, 3:06 PM   #4

thanks for comments.

roy: as it's a volcanic island all the coastline is made of rocks like on this photo, no chance to lay down. I had to climb down about 10 meters and I was sitting on a small rock anyway (then I realised that a man with a camera is like a guy with fishing rod: will go anywhere no matter how stupid or dangerous it is. another time I was with my tripod below an edge of 30m cliff). couldn't get any lower. the ocean wasn't very rough during our stay there, this was best opportunity I had.

greg
Old Sep 24, 2007, 6:23 PM   #5

Great shots. I really like the second photo with the breaking wave curling backwards.

Keith
Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:31 PM   #6

I'm like Keith, I like the curling wave in the second picture. These all do a good job of capturing the restlessness of the ocean, makes me want to take a trip down to the coast.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2007, 2:37 AM   #7

I have all series of 2nd photo (I think, or maybe it's different series? I made aroud 50 photos on this spot), from oncoming wave to after it went over that rock. if you want I can post them all in one post.

greg
Old Sep 25, 2007, 2:56 PM   #8

Interesting how opinions differ. I like Nos 1 & 3 the best. As to Roy's point of the height from which the pictures were taken, I find that the lower angle of #3 emphasizes the breaking waves, while the greater height of #1 provides better perspective and lets you judge how far offshore the rocks are. Each is good in its own way. #2 is a partial pan to the right of #1,cropping theleftmost rock spur thuscutting off the opening to the sea on the left that is shown in #1; it is more confining and I would think less representative of the coastal landscape - it reminds me of a large tidepool (which it isn't), and I don't pqrticularly care for it. Just my personal taste.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote