Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:41 AM   #1

Cowboy Tools / Saddle & Rope

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 24, 2007, 1:08 PM   #2

Since you have three versions, I assume you are looking for C&C. I think the color gives me the best feeling for how much use the gear has had, but I do like the sepiatone - it has great tonal rendition, almost three-dimensional. The B&W does nothing for me - by comparisson it is flat and uninteresting.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2007, 2:03 PM   #3

penolta wrote:
Quote:
Since you have three versions, I assume you are looking for C&C. I think the color gives me the best feeling for how much use the gear has had, but I do like the sepiatone - it has great tonal rendition, almost three-dimensional. The B&W does nothing for me - by comparisson it is flat and uninteresting.
I am trying to get an idea of what customers in my store prefer and if it is the same thing folks that know photographs prefer.

I have just started trying to gather this information so not much to report yet.

Thanks for your opinion.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

Old Sep 24, 2007, 4:21 PM   #4

Hi Roger,

I like the color version the best, sepia second and the B/W the least -- possibly boosting contrast would help with the B/W.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2007, 5:14 PM   #5

snostorm wrote:
Quote:
Hi Roger,

I like the color version the best, sepia second and the B/W the least -- possibly boosting contrast would help with the B/W.

Scott
Hi Scott, I tried boosting the contrast a little and maybe it did help a little. The B&W does not do anything for me.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Sep 24, 2007, 6:52 PM   #6

Roger, I'm going a different route...sepia & then the color. Being around horses most of my childhood, the sepia helps to bring out the craftsmanship & weathering of the saddle & lasso, which obviously I appreciate. One other bit of criticism, I think it might look better if the shot was centered more on the saddle & less of the horse's neck. It looks like there's some nice tooling on the back half of the saddle that might help the shot as well.

Good idea!
Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2007, 7:00 PM   #7

wadue wrote:
Quote:
Roger, I'm going a different route...sepia & then the color. Being around horses most of my childhood, the sepia helps to bring out the craftsmanship & weathering of the saddle & lasso, which obviously I appreciate. One other bit of criticism, I think it might look better if the shot was centered more on the saddle & less of the horse's neck. It looks like there's some nice tooling on the back half of the saddle that might help the shot as well.

Good idea!
Ron
I agree Ron when I looked at the photos I said to myself Dummy why so much neck and not the whole saddle. Oh well the next time I will get the whold saddle and less horse neck.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

Old Sep 24, 2007, 7:51 PM   #8

I looked at more of the original photos and found one that has more saddle. I think??? I like it better than the first one.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:47 PM   #9

Wow...that is a NICE saddle! what craftsmenship. Roger, that's a nicer shot of it but IMHO, the background is a little distracting. I don't know...maybe crop it down a bit. But the full saddle is the way to go.
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2007, 1:09 AM   #10

IMO, as a depict of a saddle #2 is better, but #1 wins as a piece of art. Colour and sepia both work well.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote