Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 28, 2007, 5:03 PM   #1

I haven't been posting many photos lately so I thought I'd just post a bunch of my favorites from this summer rather than make individual posts describing every single shoot. If there's any interest I can post additional images taken from the different shoots, but otherwise I don't want to deluge you with images.

All of these can be viewed at my Photobucket page. If you click on the thumbnail to view the larger version there's a "Show Exif Data" button that is rather convenient.

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...pse/Portfolio/

These were taken at the Sterling Renaissance Festival. I've posted a couple shots from there already, including this one:

This is from a "mall" in Rochester. I think it's called Village Square. I'm not sure about the composition but I like the colors:

A Great Blue Heron:

A local carnival:

An alleyway in Jamestown NY:

A Red Tailed Hawk. This is the second time I was able to get very close to one of these without it flying away, but this time I had a telephoto lens. I used this image for my current avatar:

Trying to create an interesting composition with trees and clouds:

My Grandma's dog Puff:

This is the Buffalo skyline at dusk during a harvest moon taken from a breakwall. I guess it could be considered an HDR shot as the moon exposed far brighter than the city. It took quite a bit of Photoshop work to get it to look somewhat normal and pretty close to how it appeared to the eye.

So thanks for looking. Any comments and critiques are welcome (except on the photo of Puff, that one's perfect).
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 28, 2007, 5:19 PM   #2

Corpsy wrote:
Quote:
I haven't been posting many photos lately so I thought I'd just post a bunch of my favorites from this summer rather than make individual posts describing every single shoot. If there's any interest I can post additional images taken from the different shoots, but otherwise I don't want to deluge you with images.

All of these can be viewed at my Photobucket page. If you click on the thumbnail to view the larger version there's a "Show Exif Data" button that is rather convenient.

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...pse/Portfolio/

Wow what an assortment!
My favorite and the most interesting ones are the heron and hawk shots. You must be very close with your 200mm lens. Amazing shots.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 5:44 PM   #3

some really nice work in here. congrats.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 6:17 PM   #4

Nice work.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 8:59 PM   #5

All excellent, I wouldn't change a thing on any of them. The Puff picture is priceless! Thanks for sharing!
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2007, 12:07 AM   #6

I don't have a favorite. The renaissance festival shots are wonderful, the heron is incentive (you've shown its possible to take a good picture of one, something I might manage some day), the clouds reflecting the shape of the trees is really unusual, Puff is priceless, the Buffalo skyline is awesome, I can see why you like the colors in the Village Square picture and so on. A little bit of something for everyone, and all well executed. I'm going back to the drawing board...
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2007, 2:56 AM   #7

Thanks for the responses, I really appreciate it.

I indeed got quite close to the birds to be able to shoot them with my Sears 80-200 f/4 manual focus lens. Of course there was a decent amount of cropping done, but I wouldn't consider these favorites if they didn't have enough sharpness and resolution for print. I suppose I'll eventually get a better telephoto lens, but there's just something extra satisfying about taking these kinds of shots with a $45 antique.

The hawk pictures were surprisingly easy. I just happened to be in a field where this one showed up and posed for me for about 10 minutes on one tree, then 5 minutes on another. The hard part was picking favorites.

The heron I actually shot pretty close to where I shot the Buffalo skyline but on a different day. The breakwall is a relatively popular spot where people go for walks or fish so I guess he was used to people.

Mtngal, thank you for all the compliments! I just wonder why you continue pretending to be so modest about your gorgeous landscape and nature photography.

Thanks again!
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2007, 10:33 AM   #8

All are really great shotsCorpsy, definately deserve to be in the "favorites" folder. I must say,I really love the medievil times pictures.

Nick
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2007, 12:57 AM   #9

Not a bad shot here, all wonderful. The first one stands out for it's colour and subject, very interesting. My favourite though is not my usual avian or cute, and Puff sure is, but the Jamestown Alley, I love images that take you somewhere, wonder what's at the end of the alley.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2007, 12:40 PM   #10

Great collection of shots. I really like the heron in flight and the renaissance festival shots. Not a bad one in the bunch though and the variety demonstrates skill with all sorts of photography. Great job.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote