Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 1, 2007, 8:02 AM   #1

Just posted some of my baseball photo's in the Sports forums... check them out. C&C Always Welcomed!

Sports & Action Photos - Pentax K10D & Baseball

Nick
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 1, 2007, 9:20 AM   #2

I think you have done a fine job. Sometimes we try to get to close to the action and get the "can't see the forest for the trees" syndrome (no context), you have kept enough background to give your images context. Peak action, wide enough for context and faces showing are the three commandments of sports photography in my book, and you have achieved that.

You may have a real money maker here, a friend of mine shoots minor hockeyand has all of the parents clamouring for pictures.

Ira

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2007, 9:39 AM   #3

Ira, It kinda started by accident. I was just playing with the K10d the first time I went out there and as soon as parents saw the camera they started asking about pictures. I was only there shooting my step-brother. It's been 3 weeks since then and in that time, I have started a web-page, actually made a few sales already, andmanaged to get atravelingleague that wants me to do their team photos (guarenteed money! At least1 package per kid). Everything is happening so fast... I LOVE IT!

Nick
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2007, 11:24 AM   #4

Shoot wide open. It is necessary to blur the background.

Shoot a faster shutter speed. Bat and ball blur is a bit much in some shots.

Shoot closer and tighter with your shot. Not necessary to get the full body in the shot. Experiment with it and see what looks better to the parents. After all, they are the ones that want to buy them.

Try using continuous mode if you already haven't.

Shooting swing and a miss is not ideal.

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2007, 11:48 AM   #5

Nick

Excellent Shots. They are by no means feeble!! The best thing To do is just what you are doing. Ask and try Different things. Soon you will find What Works for you.
Just remember, You must be doing Something right if people want to Purchase Your pictures.

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2007, 4:05 PM   #6

Excellent work!! I have only been to a baseball game once, and my pictures don't look a tenth as good as yours. Keep up the good work Nick!!

-thepusher
thepusher is offline   Reply With Quote