Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 3, 2007, 12:05 PM   #1

from one of our rescue lists. i've wondered but this shows it's true.

JUMP

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 4, 2007, 12:10 AM   #2

Hi Roy,

Absolutely Amazing! However Dominic does not appear to be a greyhound (full size, 3 feet tall and 80 lbs). He appears to be an IGgy - an Italian Greyhound which is the smallest - that is in the toy group (12 to 15 inches and 10 to 12 lbs). The Whippet is midsize (~24 inches and 20 lbs). The IGgy is sofa sitter inside the house (or usually on your lap), and as you saw a real runner out side.

We have 6 here of our own, and fostering another from the Tucson 11 - The ASPCA picked up 30 dogs from a puppy mill and 11 were IGgs that came into IGCA Rescue.

I was letting our mob of girls out in the backyard the other night. Daisy spotted a rabbit in the backyard and the race was on - 1st stride she was in turbo mode already, 2nd stride she went to afterburner, by the third stride she had gone into hypersonic - as Peter the rabbit squeezed under the fence. She then made a victory lap around the back yard - having protected the garden for yet another day.

Here is the Daisy (the doodle)
Attached Images

interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 1:49 AM   #3

Truly amazing Roy!

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 7:38 AM   #4

interested_observer wrote:
Quote:
Hi Roy,

Absolutely Amazing! However Dominic does not appear to be a greyhound (full size, 3 feet tall and 80 lbs). He appears to be an IGgy - an Italian Greyhound which is the smallest - that is in the toy group (12 to 15 inches and 10 to 12 lbs). The Whippet is midsize (~24 inches and 20 lbs). The IGgy is sofa sitter inside the house (or usually on your lap), and as you saw a real runner out side.

We have 6 here of our own, and fostering another from the Tucson 11 - The ASPCA picked up 30 dogs from a puppy mill and 11 were IGgs that came into IGCA Rescue.

I was letting our mob of girls out in the backyard the other night. Daisy spotted a rabbit in the backyard and the race was on - 1st stride she was in turbo mode already, 2nd stride she went to afterburner, by the third stride she had gone into hypersonic - as Peter the rabbit squeezed under the fence. She then made a victory lap around the back yard - having protected the garden for yet another day.

Here is the Daisy (the doodle)
i know where you're at. we do boston terriers. had at least 250 go thru this house. a few of our fosters
http://www.texasbostons.com/rescuestories.html

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2007, 9:20 PM   #5

Roy, that's a helluva show! Amazing what nature & a strong will can do for an animal or humanfor that matter. My brother used to have a beagle that lost a back leg to a garbage truck that he loved to chase. After he got used to centering the other leg, I swear that dog was faster with 3 legs than he was 4! & he could turn on a dime. I just never imagined a dog with 2 legs being able to handle himself like that especially given the legs are on the same side.

Thanks Roy!

wadue is offline   Reply With Quote