Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 3, 2007, 2:18 PM   #1

I just posted a series of photos I took in Watkins Glen State park in the Landscape section:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...amp;forum_id=8

It's just the first half as I'm putting in quite a bit of dodging, burning and color tweaks (you know, correcting God's mistakes) and I haven't gotten to all of them yet.

Here's a sample of what's in there:

On a Pentax note, I was a bit disappointed with the K100D's stabilizer that day. I don't know why it seems to have good days and bad days, but this wasn't one of it's good days. I was shooting almost primarily with the 18-55 kit lens and though the lighting was dull most shots were at least at 1/30, but I was surprised at how many of them turned out soft or even noticeably blurred. I think I'll want to bring a tripod, or at least a monopod next time I go out there.
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 3, 2007, 5:55 PM   #2

That's been a great seriesyou posted at the landscapes forum, whichis also obvious intherepliesyou've received

Btw,stopping byat the Pentax/SamsungdSLR forumeven for the seemingly same post proves to be very useful:!:

Corpsy wrote:
Quote:
On a Pentax note, I was a bit disappointed with the K100D's stabilizer that day. I don't know why it seems to have good days and bad days, but this wasn't one of it's good days. I was shooting almost primarily with the 18-55 kit lens and though the lighting was dull most shots were at least at 1/30, but I was surprised at how many of them turned out soft or even noticeably blurred. I think I'll want to bring a tripod, or at least a monopod next time I go out there.
...whichreminded me what youwrote before:
Quote:
If you're not using a tripod, the K10D also has noticeably improved image stabilization which may allow you to use a lower ISO than would be necessary on the K100D...

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2007, 6:06 PM   #3

Hi Corpsy

I agree, that is a great series Of Shots over in the other Forum.
One of these years I would like to get Up there and go to the race track. But this State park looks interesting Also.

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2007, 8:08 PM   #4

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Beautiful! Where in NY State is this? I went to school in Upstate NY (Plattsburgh).

Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2007, 9:15 PM   #5

Very nice shot! Well done!
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 1:52 AM   #6

Rivendell INDEED! Beautiful place there!

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 2:52 PM   #7

Thanks for the replies. I'll try to have the rest of the images up by tomorrow.

Bahadir, thanks for the compliments, and yeah I wasn't exaggerating before when I said the K100D had less than stellar SR. Every so often it does let me down. I think I likely would have had an easier time with the K10D and probably got sharper photos.

For those interested in the area, paste this into Google Maps: Corning St/RT-14/RT-414 @42.375850, -76.870930

The place is located just south of Seneca Lake, the largest of the Finger Lakes.

Besides the park and the Nascar race track, the region is also very rich in wineries. However, the next time I go I'm hoping to get their early enough to see the park again as well as visit the Corning Glass Museum which I'm told is quite impressive.

Thanks again!
Old Oct 5, 2007, 10:40 PM   #8

I've posted the rest of the photos over at the Landscape forum. I put them in a new thread so it isn't such a long wait for those on dial-up.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...amp;forum_id=8

Here's one of the shots of my favorite part of the park:

Old Oct 6, 2007, 12:39 AM   #9

Isn't nature wonderful and you some captured so well.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote