Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 4, 2007, 9:32 AM   #1

It has been nice posting here over the years but the "Powers that Be" have asked me not to post the Url that I've added to a few of my posts. It is the address to a very small site called Easysharer's forum started several years ago by Cold Snail. I am Site Admin there and post at this forum and the one there regularly. We are a free forum At Easysharer's and many folks that post here and at the Kodak forum here are members there as well. The Mod's here do not wish me to post the URL or I guess talk about the other forum so I will just stop posting here all together. It has been very nice to call this little spot on the web home for the last few years and I've just begun to know some of you here in the Pentax forum...But I will be moving on now. Just thought I'd tell everyone goodbye. Y'all have a nice life now.

Edwin N. Skinner
AKA Big Dawg

Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 4, 2007, 10:04 AM   #2

Gonna miss the Dawg around here andall yourawesome photos. You are a great contribution to this forum or any forum you decide to call home next. Hate to lose you.
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 10:22 AM   #3

It's a shame you choose to leave rather than follow simple guidelines.

Good luck to you.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 10:40 AM   #4

Really sorry to see you go-I think all the people on this forum are only interested in one thing-to help everyone take bettter photo's. Your posts have beensome of the most interesting and informative. I have never seen anything on this site that should upset anyone-everyone is polite and friendly. Unless there were some changes while I was sleeping the First Amendmentis still on the books-I guess the free exchange of ideas and information is still a problem for some people.
DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 10:56 AM   #5

It has been a pleasure.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 10:59 AM   #6
Administrator

It's got advertising on it, which makes it commercial. There's a click through ad for circuit city running on it now. ;-)

You're associated with that site and so plugging it here (a URL to it in every post) makes your posts commercial (i.e., advertising your own products or services).

That's where we draw the line.

Otherwise, we'd be even busier than we are now deleting spam.

I can't play favorites and let you do it. That's not fair to members that we have asked not to use our forums for advertising.

Look, I value your posts here, and I'm sure other members do, too. But, we don't allow our forums to be used for advertising.

So, I hope you'll reconsider.

JimC

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 11:20 AM   #7

JimC wrote:
Quote:
It's got advertising on it, which makes it commercial. There's a click through ad for circuit city running on it now. ;-)

You're associated with that site and so plugging it here (a URL to it in every post) makes your posts commercial (i.e., advertising your own products or services).

That's where we draw the line.

Otherwise, we'd be even busier than we are now deleting spam.

I can't play favorites and let you do it. That's not fair to members that we have asked not to use our forums for advertising.

Look, I value your posts here, and I'm sure other members do, too. But, we don't allow our forums to be used for advertising.

So, I hope you'll reconsider.

JimC
And Cold Snail's and my reply is this Jim.

Paul Cold Snail...
I haven't made (nor will I make) a copper coin out of this site, in fact it has cost me for the domain name.

The ads on this site are simply generated from the hosts via Google, that pays their bandwith.

Google has a way of finding out what the site is about and makes ads that could be of interest to the user, there is a way of taking them out, but that involves money and that is not what this forum is about.

It's a shame about Steve's, but when it's your income at stake (like DP, DCRP and so on), you need all the site hits you can get, so you can then say "this site is viewed by xxxxxxx people per month" to get the coin out of the advertisers.

And my reply
You see we make no money there, so your thing of us being commercial is not only wrong but quite unfair...Also your not asking for information first but making an assumption is also unfair and unwarranted. As for wanting more posters at the Easysharer's forum, that is true we would like them as the knowledge base would improve and the ability to answer poster's questions would improve as well. Sorry you made this assumption without asking...I've enjoyed my stay at Steve's and over the years have added to his and I "ASSUME" your revenue. That will no longer be the case as I have now stopped posting there and you will no longer recieve money from the "Hits" caused by my posts. I don't mind someone making an assumption it's just disgusting to me when they cannot use the knowledge of someone's history to make better decisions. Please do not reply to this as I no longer wish to correspond on the subject...As ma' daddy always said if a fool is running for election "Vote with yer Feet" My feet are moving!!!

An Ex member
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 11:29 AM   #8

ishino wrote:
Quote:
Gonna miss the Dawg around here andall yourawesome photos. You are a great contribution to this forum or any forum you decide to call home next. Hate to lose you.
I Totally agree with this statement.

Goodluck

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 11:35 AM   #9
Administrator

I'm sorry you feel that way.

But, we've asked other members not to plug their own sites in their posts, too.

If other forum members want to mention other sites, I don't have a problem with that. But, not when someone wants to plug a site they're associated with.

It's too hard to draw the line as to what is spam and what is not.

So, rather than play favorites, when someone associated with a web site wants to plug their own site in every post, I often ask them not to via PM (usually not via a public forum thread).

This thread is closed.

JimC

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote