Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 5, 2007, 7:51 AM   #11

I'll add my voice to those who hope that Dawg might reconsider. His posts have been enthusiastic, entertaining, and informative, and have enriched the forum.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2007, 11:34 AM   #12

Thanks to everyone and Just give me some time!! You all make valid points here and I have been talking to the powers that be and can see from their viewpoint why they have this as a rule...My viewpoint on my small forum is different and It will take me just a little time to get my head on right...I'm doing that as I type. I have been treated well here in all regards...I have nothing at all bad to say about JimC or Steve for that matter. A great forum and actually this Pentax forum with all you folks is very close to what I've grown to like about the No Name other forum and The Kodak forum as it used to be here at Steve's. I only post to learn and to share what I've learned. You have all been the type of friends that would make anyone happy to post here. You are the reason this is as great a forum as it is.....Like I said just give me time....All wounds heal with time...Some times even insanity!! LOL

I have only one question though...
Penolta.......What does Recalcitrant Mean? You gotta remember yer talkin' to a Redneck here!! LOL

Dawg
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX LOL
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2007, 11:47 AM   #13

Well, its all been said, but I too have learnt a lot from you BigDawg.

I never would have bought the 28-210mm lens and modified the mount if not for you.

That is just one instance that springs to mind.

Leave the URL off and continue to post in both forums.

Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2007, 1:03 PM   #14

Quote:
Bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Penolta - What is the definition of "recalcitrant"?
Dictionary definition:"Stubbornly rebellious; obstinate in defying constituted authority." (Webster)

Glad you are having second thoughts, Dawg. As your own site grows, you will come to appreciate the need for at least some rules and for compliance with them. Welcome back.

penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2007, 3:23 PM   #15

penolta wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Dictionary definition:"Stubbornly rebellious; obstinate in defying constituted authority." (Webster)

Glad you are having second thoughts, Dawg. As your own site grows, you will come to appreciate the need for at least some rules and for compliance with them. Welcome back.

No need for the big words...Next time just say- like Dawg!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2007, 3:52 PM   #16

Dawg, I can't believe you would leave me. We've been together so long and not even a PM to say you're leaving.

Okay, enough joking around. Glad to see that you are having second thoughts of leaving though!

Nick
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2007, 4:54 PM   #17

Dawg

I also am glad your are reconsidering!!

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2007, 5:08 PM   #18

No need for the big words...Next time just say- like Dawg!!

This is one of the many things that we love about ya, Dawg...ya say it like it is! & this is coming from a Southern Illinois farmboy/redneck! I was hoping that you just needed to vent about it ...just like we all do from time to time! The Good Lord knows that I sure need to!!!

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2007, 5:49 PM   #19

I'm kind of curious.......if it's against the rules to promote the site under discussion, because it's supposedly "commercial" do any of you mods promote Steves? Steves is a "commercial" site under the definition given by the mods. So, while I won't debate the decision any further as that seems to get threads locked, I sure won't be pointing anyone here to Steves in the future. If it's such a no no to point others to sites after all.............
Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2007, 5:56 PM   #20

penolta wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
With that definition it sounds like you're in good company Dawg, this Country's founding fathers come to mind - George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Hancock, John Adams, et. al. "Stubbornly rebellious; obstinate in defying constituted authority." are "redneck" and "recalcitrant" synonymous?

:?
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote