Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 5, 2007, 7:35 PM   #21

edEMed me and said he'll be back..i'm glad as i like his posts. that's from an old hippie to a proven redneck.. go figure..:blah:

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2007, 7:39 PM   #22

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:
Dawg, I can't believe you would leave me. We've been together so long and not even a PM to say you're leaving.

Okay, enough joking around. Glad to see that you are having second thoughts of leaving though!

Nick
I wouldn't have been leaving ya' Inn...You already know where to find me..LOL

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2007, 7:40 PM   #23

Black Knight wrote:
Quote:
Dawg

I also am glad your are reconsidering!!

Phil
Thanks Phil

Dawg
Old Oct 5, 2007, 7:42 PM   #24

wadue wrote:
Quote:
No need for the big words...Next time just say- like Dawg!!

This is one of the many things that we love about ya, Dawg...ya say it like it is! & this is coming from a Southern Illinois farmboy/redneck! I was hoping that you just needed to vent about it ...just like we all do from time to time! The Good Lord knows that I sure need to!!!

Ron
Just let me know if I'm becoming brutally honest..I never mean to hurt anyones feelings!! LOL

Dawg

Old Oct 5, 2007, 7:47 PM   #25

hey, i've never been praised for my tact.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2007, 7:57 PM   #26

Spiritbro77 wrote:
Quote:
I'm kind of curious.......if it's against the rules to promote the site under discussion, because it's supposedly "commercial" do any of you mods promote Steves? Steves is a "commercial" site under the definition given by the mods. So, while I won't debate the decision any further as that seems to get threads locked, I sure won't be pointing anyone here to Steves in the future. If it's such a no no to point others to sites after all.............
Not a problem pointing to other sites as long as you are not doing it every post...The URL I was posting was along with my Signature so it was with every post......To say to someone you should go over to "Such and such site and check it out is still within the rules as long as it is not being done on every post! JimC or Steve can correct me here but I believe this is in the spirit of their intent. I have done this sending or recomending many times in the past and they have never told me not to, nor have they banned me or deleted my posts...The more I get my Dawg brain on this the more I see that they are being way more than fair enough to us here on this issue.

Someone mentioned DP Revue in an earlier portion of this thread and I must say in all honesty that their rules are 10 times more strictly enforced than here or at the site I administer. So strict in fact that more than half the posters at the nameless forum I administer are refugees from DPR. They were routinly and arbitrarily banned for seemingly innocent or frivilous infractions...And a lot of the time without being notified it was happening or why!! That doesn't happen here at Steve's...If you do something they consider an infraction of the rules they will email or PM you and explain...How could you be more fair than this??

Dawg
Old Oct 5, 2007, 8:00 PM   #27

robar wrote:
Quote:
edEMed me and said he'll be back..i'm glad as i like his posts. that's from an old hippie to a proven redneck.. go figure..:blah:

roy
I'm BAACK!!!

Dawg

Attached Images

Old Oct 5, 2007, 9:26 PM   #28
Administrator

That's great.

One of the things that Steve taught me a while back was that members should have fun here, and it just wouldn't be as much fun without you around.

I'm glad to hear you're staying (and I'm sure other members are, too).
If I see someone with a Kodak issue that they can't find an answer for here, I'll make sure to send them to the EasySharers Forum and tell them to ask the Dawg for advise. ;-)

We just prefer it if members don't plug sites they're associated with here, since that makes it hard to draw the line between what's spam and what's not without playing favorites.

Thanks for understanding.

JimC

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2007, 9:30 PM   #29

JimC wrote:
Quote:
That's great.

One of the things that Steve taught me a while back was that members should have fun here, and it just wouldn't be as much fun without you around.

I'm glad to hear you're staying (and I'm sure other members are, too).
If I see someone with a Kodak issue that they can't find an answer for here, I'll make sure to send them to the EasySharers Forum and tell them to ask the Dawg for advise. ;-)

We just prefer it if members don't plug sites they're associated with here, since that makes it hard to draw the line between what's spam and what's not without playing favorites.

Thanks for understanding.

JimC
Thanks Jim...I'll try to behave and since I've given up my job as a test dummy at a dynamite factory I'll try to keep my head on straight!! LOL

Dawg

Attached Images

Old Oct 5, 2007, 10:09 PM   #30

Y
ea!!
!!!!
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote