Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 6, 2007, 6:01 PM   #1

Shot this the other night with my trusty FA50. I was out long enough that my eyes had adjusted to the darkness. The moonlight was enough to read by. It was a cool night and a residual mist hung in the air. The kind of night that makes the mind wander.

I wish I could have stayed a while, but I had to keep going. Sleep beckoned and the coming morning would be rough enough as it was.

As per usual, please tear my photo apart so that I may improve.
Attached Images

Gazander is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 6, 2007, 8:03 PM   #2

What were you focusing on? If your focus was on the swing set then it didn't focus! I usually like to get a specific Item in focus..The star...The powerlines...The swing set...something specific and then shoot at a higher f/stop than wide open and use a slow shutter speed. Manual focus will help too as the auto focus is easily fooled in the dark. If your focus was the star then walk around some of the stuff on the ground to get that star by it self or at least away from the power lines. Bluured objects in the photo will apear more normal to the eye if there is something large enough and in focus enough to draw the eye to it. Also at slow shutter speeds needed to get these type photos you should have a tripod...Monopod's alright but at 10 seconds or so the monopod will move. Hope these are some suggestions that will help.

Here are a few I shot the other night from my Front porch.

A 55mm f/1.8 Auto Takumar lens set at F5.6, 6 seconds exposure, ISO 800. The focus was on the trees.

Dawg

Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2007, 8:13 PM   #3

No. 2

Focus was on the tress around the moonlight.

Attached Images

Old Oct 6, 2007, 8:15 PM   #4

No. 3

The focus was on the Star field at infinity! I am out on my front porch from about 11:00 Pm till around 2:30 AM every night...The starry sky and peacfulness help me think and plan!

Attached Images