Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 7, 2007, 11:19 PM   #11

Well, it's certainly different, Roy. I gather it's the inside of a vortex transporting you to the edge of space, perhaps?

This isn't one of my better efforts, and I'll probably delete it later on if Itake something better, but it rather fits this topic.

P.S. Now that I look at it on the computer, I'm not sure I like it. Here's a b&w version, think it came out better. Still not too sure about it.

PPS - I still don't like this picture, even in b&w. So I've posted something else - it's not necessarily better, but it's definitely different.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2007, 7:19 AM   #12

Roy, someone asked me just a few weeks ago how much energy would be needed for a light shield, he didn't tell me he had already mastered the transdimensional shift device!!

Here is my entry, boats on the slipway in Moreton's Harbour. Shot last month with a DS and F 100-300mm lens.

Ira

As an aside, this is a good example of the compression of distance caused by long lenses. This shot, at 100mm I believe, is of boats on a slipway and an old fishing store on the other side of the cove, yet they look only a few feet apart (actual distance is nearly 100ft).

Attached Images

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2007, 1:27 AM   #13

Decided to change mine. Since the rules are anything that helps get you from one place to another how about a country road?
Attached Images

Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2007, 1:39 PM   #14

a few more horses than the last pic
Attached Images

godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 4:40 AM   #15

My entry for this month (It might be that I change it for a "better"one, have to sort them out.)

Richard.

p.s. I like the black and white entry's a lot, reminds me of the day you could do your own development and "printing" -analog with chemicals I mean- and see the magic happening in front of you own eyes.
Attached Images

Ritro again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 9:01 AM   #16

Some great entries so far. Roy seems almost impossible to beat this month! The lack of details are amazing...

My entries called Late night flight.Taken out the window of a Southwest airline, in flight.Taken with the PentaxFA 50mm f1.4 lens, which I reallyhave grown to like, just auto focusseems like cheating at times to me comparedto the 50mm A f1.7's manual focus. Something nice about that old manual focus lens.

Noise reduction, levels, and alittle saturation in CS2.

ss 1/10, f1.4,1600 iso

Thanks for looking,

Fred

Fred2726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 12:10 PM   #17

Here's one from Basel. I think I'll call it Jet and Son.

Glenn
Attached Images

Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 1:08 PM   #18

Seems like this Idea was partially taken and already posted, but I cant help post a pic of this poor guy whos only job was to transport tourists up and down the side of a cliff in Santorini Greece. Enjoy!

Attached Images

PanagiotisDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 12:47 PM   #19

bump
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 11:17 PM   #20

How did I miss these last entries??! These are some wonderful pictures - the Jet and Son picture is priceless. I'm going to have to work harder to come up with something interesting, like that burro or ???
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote