Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 12, 2007, 2:36 AM   #11

Mtn Gal:

I took only two pics of the cactus, as it was on my way back to the car and I was in a hurry to my next stop. Here's the other one, is it more what you were envisioning?

Thanks for the comments!

Todd

btw, where's Frazier Park?
tnaskedov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2007, 7:58 AM   #12

I think that's what I was thinking about - I'm going to have to look at it on my monitor at home, though. This one at work is a too dark for my taste (and I can't get it adjusted any further). But on it, the sky on the horizon is wonderful - the very end of the sunset fading into that dark blue sky. I love that time in the desert.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2007, 12:00 AM   #13

that's one werid shaped cactus to the left then! it almost looks like a stuffed animal is on top of it, like a teddy bear or something, maybe the energizer bunny. very unique indeed. i guess i don't see enough cactus here... either way i'm jealous you have such beautiful sunsets.
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2007, 12:05 AM   #14

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
I think that's what I was thinking about - I'm going to have to look at it on my monitor at home, though. This one at work is a too dark for my taste (and I can't get it adjusted any further). But on it, the sky on the horizon is wonderful - the very end of the sunset fading into that dark blue sky. I love that time in the desert.

i agree this one the sky blends oh so well at the horizon and i like it better than the first cactus picture posted.
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2007, 11:31 AM   #15

Hi Todd, No I do not have any on line galleries up. That is something that I probably need to work on. Arizona subjects is a tough one for me. Having grown up near the ocean, I can always find something there. Here in the desert, I am always seeing pictures of others and saying that there is nothing really here.

That being said, one of the things I would like to try is the aircraft bone yard by you. The telescopes up on Mt Graham and Mt Lemmon, too. The Phoenix zoo and the airport are possibilities (now that it is a bit cooler). Sedona, the Grand Canyon, Jerome, along with the little side trips along the way.

So I guess that there are some interesting sights here - no lighthouses, sea shells, sea gulls, etc. though....
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2007, 8:26 PM   #16

Todd, looks like you're putting that new camera to good use. I really like the cactus shots.
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote