Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 15, 2007, 1:13 AM   #11

LOVE THESE!!! #1 is my favorite!
tnaskedov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2007, 1:11 PM   #12

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
I don't know how much I'll be on-line for the next couple of days - there was a horrible accident that has one of the freeways closed for several days (hope that's all it will be). It's one of those bottlenecks that I have to go through so we are staying near work for a couple of nights, and internet service is going to be hit-or-miss until I get home, I think.
The truck bypass remains closed, but the car lanes are open both ways this morning. You can go home tonight!
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2007, 9:36 PM   #13

You are right - they re-opened the main lanes this morning (over a day early). Since we've already committed to a second night here, we'll stay again. It's kind-of nice to have a commute of under a mile from the office. And I sorted out the internet account today at lunch (long story - something I've been meaning to do for a couple of years) so I've got unlimited free wireless internet tonight. Now I have the opportunity to practice night-light pictures, but don't have a tripod with me! Oh well, can't have everything - and tomorrow I go back to my 150 mile round trip commute (sigh).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2007, 10:30 PM   #14

I am glad to hear that you are OK and were not involved in that accident Harriet. I love the shots, very different from the average macro and quite creative.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2007, 11:03 PM   #15

Did I mention that I want one of those? Anyway...Amazingshots!Water tends to be quite beautifulwhen you are that close to it!Let me know if you want to dump that little phoenix macro of yours (if you still have it)!

Nick
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2007, 12:33 AM   #16

I still have the Phoenix. I guess I should think about selling it, but it's lightweight and I keep thinking that perhaps sometime I'd prefer it over the Viv. Hasn't happened yet, though!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2007, 3:19 PM   #17

Harriet, those are just great shots!

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2007, 5:18 PM   #18

Marvelous detail and sharpness.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2007, 6:20 PM   #19

Fantastic subject, brilliant shots!

It's one of the things I love about this forum, some great photos that make me think "I gotta practice more!!!"

By the way, when I said "brilliant shots" I should have said stunning photography.

Keith
Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2007, 11:02 PM   #20

This proves the other raindrops you posted a while back were no fluke, all very nice. the fifth image is like some wild fantasyscape from a sci-fi magazine. I really want that lens, but it's a good thing I can't have one yet. I might not be able to emulate your ability to compose and expose these scenes (although I'd just blame the lens )
CyberCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote