Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 16, 2007, 4:04 PM   #21

At that range, won't distortion be a big issue?
fisheye4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2007, 5:00 PM   #22

Well, I have nearly all of the lenses I need. I have the Pentax 50-200, The Pentax 18-55, The Pentax 50 1.4 and the Pentax 10-17 fisheye. I plan to add the 18-250 to reduce lenses changing overall and then a Pentax 100mm Macro. That will cover everything I want in the price range I can afford.

Robert
Robert Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2007, 5:01 PM   #23

Popular Photography tested the Tamron version and found it to be quite good with only modest distortion. So I would guess the Pentax will either be the same or less.

Robert
Old Oct 16, 2007, 6:05 PM   #24

Amazon.com has the Pentax 18-250 listed.

http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-18-250m...813&sr=8-1

Robert
Old Oct 16, 2007, 10:41 PM   #25

Robert - when does "need" ever enter into things? I don't "need" a wide angle, but I want one. I certainly didn't "need" the Vivitar 105 macro since Ialready hadthe Phoenix 100mm macro, but that didn't matter in the least!

I'm going to be very interested to see how the Pentax compares with the Tamron. Not that I'm planning on buying one - not at all.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2007, 11:30 PM   #26

While I enjoy the lens options I don't like changing lenses. If I could have gotten a Panasonic superzoom with better noise profile I would have stuck with Panasonic. However the FZ50 just sucked because of the noise issue and thier really lowsy noise reduction.

I have always hated changing lenses and will always hate doing so. So I only want what I need for the type of photography I do. I have no intentions of being a lens collector, just simple owner.

Robert
Old Oct 20, 2007, 10:23 PM   #27

I recently bought a new Sigma 28-300 IF Asymm zoom lens with 72mm aperture. Has been slammed in some on line comments. My initial view is fantastic range of fls for walk around lens. No evidence of vignetting. A little difficult to auto focus in darker conditions, hence I think some of the comments about soft focus. Photos look good on a 40 inch LCD TV. Will post some later.
beachboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote