Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 20, 2007, 6:45 PM   #1

of rain, it was finally sunny this morning. Caught this shot near St Peter, Mn. DS with 28mm f/2.8
Attached Images

Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2007, 7:36 PM   #2

Happy it cleared away for you but folks here would give a lot if that rain would come here... Like the photo too.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2007, 7:44 PM   #3

Gorgeous shot! Have you tried using an ND filter and a longer shutter speed? I read somewhere that it will make the reflection more smooth looking...

Nick
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2007, 9:27 PM   #4

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:
Gorgeous shot! Have you tried using an ND filter and a longer shutter speed? I read somewhere that it will make the reflection more smooth looking...

Nick
An ND on the top part will allow the bottom to be better exposed (lighter) and a polorizer will help if it is at the right angle.
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2007, 12:17 AM   #5

It was just beautiful out there today with 72F and dry, i.e. no darn rain. Took the bike for a spin and manage to take some shots.

Got the same problem with blown out sky but I know there is no easy fix without a tripod (bracketing and all).

Here are a few with Sigma 18-125mm mostly at 18mm:

DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2007, 3:21 AM   #6

Rickst wrote:
Quote:
it was finally sunny this morning. Caught this shot near St Peter, Mn. DS with 28mm f/2.8
I was just waiting for your Autumn colour shot, Rickst. We have a very nicely coloured autumn here too right now, but I can't get anything but boring composition with splendid colours. You made it, though. O master, teach me!:|

Looks like Minnesota is the place to be, yours are also nice AD.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2007, 11:27 AM   #7

Lovely colors! Our cottonwoods have finally changed so there's lots of yellow around. Nice, but no where near as lovely as what you have here.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2007, 2:36 PM   #8

Rickst wrote:
Quote:
of rain, it was finally sunny this morning. Caught this shot near St Peter, Mn. DS with 28mm f/2.8
Rick,

I just drove my motorcycle (2006 Triumph Bonneville) through our local watershed this morning / afternoon..

The water level looks to be down by at least 12-15 feet..

None of the TV or radio stations are saying much about it, but we are definately in a drought situation here in central MD..

I've only needed to mow the grass 4 times so far this year, & trim the barberry hedge once..The norms would be 12-15 times & 3 times..

We sure could use some of your rain around here to replenish the aquifer..

Nice pics, BTW..

Bruce

baltochef920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2007, 9:02 AM   #9

Through July this year, Minnesota was in its second year of drought conditions. Lawns burned up and the corn crop was in serious danger. It was so dry that I didn't swat a mosquito during the summer--unheard of in Minnesota.

Then, it got wierd. Since August 1st, we have had 18.9 inches of rain--the most ever recorded in a three month period here.

Fields that were harvested (corn and soybeans) are re-sprouting. The Minnesota River looks like it usually does in the spring when the snow-melt fills it to the top of its banks.

Many farmers will not get into the fields until the ground freezes...
Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote