Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 24, 2007, 10:45 PM   #21

Thanks for the suggestion Ira, I got the 20D, but it's practically identical to the 30d and I got a great deal on a camera with very low actuations...

I have the following equipment on the way:

*20d & Battery Grip (almost identical to 30d with smaller LCD &constant 5fps - not selectable between 3fps & 5fps like the 30d)
*Canon EF-S 18-55
*Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
*Canon EF-L USM 70-200mm f/2.8

inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2007, 11:04 PM   #22

Sounds like a nice rig Inn!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2007, 11:36 PM   #23

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
It seems the AF king may now be Olympus with the new E-3,* and they have some fantastic long lenses but be prepared to break the bank.*
I believe the E3 is still not out yet. I did not research for fear that I may be intoxicated. The Nikon D3 with 51 AF points will be out shortly . Next time we all hope Pentax will come out with some firm answer. Remember when we had the 8086, XT, AT, Pentium , Pentium 2 , then MMX , Pentium 3....... I doubt if there is any end. One thing I am sure the AF technology (for Pentax) has a lot of way to go as I have not had one FA*300mm or FA*400mm users happily reporting major success with K10D in BIF pict. Fast BIF or sport are still the most demanding area when it comes to hardware requirement

Quote:
And always remember that BIF shots were made before the mid 1980s,* and those were all MF.*
But that was with film and the burst rate (or success and keeper rate) was nowhere near what we have now even with the lowly Pentax. I am still using the skill and lens of the 80s too (except the burst rate).

Daniel, Toronto
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2007, 10:30 PM   #24

Thanks Dawg... I hope I enjoy it as much as I did my Pentax's.

Nick
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote