Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 29, 2007, 8:16 PM   #11

penolta wrote:
Quote:
How fast was that Raptor going? The air disturbance around it says VERY. What were your ISO and shutter speed (no EXIF reader on this computer)?
EXIF for the Raptor photo ISO 100, 1/350, f8. For the 2 jugs 100, 1/500, f11.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2007, 9:30 PM   #12

Some great shots there! I don't think I am going to pick a favorite as there are so many really good ones to pick from.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2007, 9:38 PM   #13

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
Some great shots there! I don't think I am going to pick a favorite as there are so many really good ones to pick from.

Tim

Thanks.

I recall a few you posted that were pretty darn good a few months back. Shot somewhere in Texas I believe?

sgarthee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2007, 10:59 PM   #14

I agree there are some great shots. Also several For the wall.
Do you have any of the heritage fly over? Any F4U Corsairs? They are My fav plane. Airshows are one of my favorite things To shoot. Our Show got cancelled This year as both Airbases were on Active Duty.
We have a local air mueseum here in Ct and Several Times a year they have open Cockpit day. You can sit in the F4U or a P51. I tried and there is no way I Could get My 6' 1 Large frame in those planes. The guys that flew them must have been thin and Small.

BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2007, 11:53 PM   #15

Black Knight wrote:
Quote:
I agree there are some great shots. Also several For the wall.
Do you have any of the heritage fly over? Any F4U Corsairs? They are My fav plane. Airshows are one of my favorite things To shoot. Our Show got cancelled This year as both Airbases were on Active Duty.
We have a local air mueseum here in Ct and Several Times a year they have open Cockpit day. You can sit in the F4U or a P51. I tried and there is no way I Could get My 6' 1 Large frame in those planes. The guys that flew them must have been thin and Small.

BK
Thanks for the nice comments.

I have a bunch of Hertage flight pics but they were all current fighters and Mustangs. I will post a few tomorrow. I really like the Corsairs as well but they are really rare any more. I believe there are only 5 flying. There were not any at this show.

Old Oct 30, 2007, 9:57 AM   #16

vary nice!!
the raptor looks like it's on the verge of breaking the sound barrier. F18
Attached Images

robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2007, 11:19 AM   #17

robar wrote:
Quote:
vary nice!!
the raptor looks like it's on the verge of breaking the sound barrier. F18
Thanks. Your image would bea dream shot for me but they are not allowed to get that close to the sound barrier much less pass it at an air show. Probably good since I doubt my ear plugs would help much if they did.:-)

You probably already know this but if you like vapor on fighters, you want to attend air shows with high humidity. The higher the humidity, the better the vapor.

I have a few more decent shots of the Raptor. Since everyone seems to like it, I will post a few more later.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 3:07 PM   #18

you said in my thread you need pointers from me. i doubt that very seriously. your shots could use just a little PP to make em pop. it's tuff working on these small images but here's 3 i did. the sky is PS completely and the TB could be a lot better working from the original.. replacing the sky is something i never do but it's easier here.
Attached Images

Old Oct 30, 2007, 3:08 PM   #19

that last shot with the flag and fighters made the day. i'd be happy if it was the only one i kept.

roy
Old Oct 30, 2007, 3:29 PM   #20

robar wrote:
Quote:
that last shot with the flag and fighters made the day. i'd be happy if it was the only one i kept.

roy
The more I look at it, the more it grows on me. I had almost ignored it completely until 2 people told me they really liked it.