Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 10, 2007, 11:50 AM   #11

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
Daniel,* I also like the first shot, great capture.* My only issue is with the line that crosses the background,* too bad it is so obvious.* Maybe a little smudging or cloning could mute it a little.

Ira
Ira, Ian, Harriet, Tom,

Thanks for taking time to comment. I did try to clone (with PS) that wire out, but my PS skill (or the lack thereof) sucks . It is a matter of days before the birds are gone (even seagulls) before winter kicks in big time.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2007, 6:12 AM   #12

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
Daniel,* I also like the first shot, great capture.* My only issue is with the line that crosses the background,* too bad it is so obvious.* Maybe a little smudging or cloning could mute it a little.

Ira
Ira, Ian, Harriet, Tom,

Thanks for taking time to comment. I did try to clone (with PS) that wire out, but my PS skill (or the lack thereof) sucks . It is a matter of days before the birds are gone (even seagulls) before winter kicks in big time.

Daniel
Hi Daniel,
Excellent pics. Hope you don't mind, I photochopped the offending cable out ... my way is to select and copy sections of the background with perhaps a 20 pixel feather, then paste these onto a new layer, and drag them to cover the offending cable, then soften the edges of the patches with the clone stamp tool using a very soft brush. I Flattened the image, then applied overall noise filtering. Try it for yourself. ... Jack.
Attached Images

jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2007, 8:28 AM   #13

jachol wrote:

Quote:
Hi Daniel,
Excellent pics. Hope you don't mind, I photochopped the offending cable out ... my way is to select and copy sections of the background with perhaps a 20 pixel feather, then paste these onto a new layer, and drag them to cover the offending cable, the soften the edges of the patches with the clone stamp tool using a very soft brush. I Flattened the image, then applied overall noise filtering. Try it for yourself. ... Jack.
I love people giving me input on PS skill. I sometimes even email some jpg original to Roy for touch up before posting. And your touch up is hardly noticeable and certainly enhance the original.

Daniel
Old Nov 11, 2007, 8:36 AM   #14

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
jachol wrote:

Quote:
Hi Daniel,
Excellent pics. Hope you don't mind, I photochopped the offending cable out ... my way is to select and copy sections of the background with perhaps a 20 pixel feather, then paste these onto a new layer, and drag them to cover the offending cable, the soften the edges of the patches with the clone stamp tool using a very soft brush. I Flattened the image, then applied overall noise filtering. Try it for yourself. ... Jack.
I love people giving me input on PS skill. I sometimes even email some jpg original to Roy for touch up before posting. And your touch up is hardly noticeable and certainly enhance the original.

Daniel
OK Daniel,
Roy was my mentor, he was the one who persuaded me to bite the bullet and switch solely to PS, it's a very steep learning curve and I guess I'm still learning, you probably never finish with PS. Glad you like the mods. ... Jack.
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2007, 12:36 PM   #15

OKay, I couldn't resist. He is my effort, what do you think?

Ira
Attached Images

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2007, 11:30 PM   #16

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
OKay,* I couldn't resist.* He is my effort,* what do you think?

Ira
Gee everybody is doing better than me. Got to learn some PS stuff this winter when I have no bird to chase - well that is left to Roy or whoever in the south or souther hemisphere

Daniel , Toronto
Old Nov 12, 2007, 12:08 PM   #17

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
Gee everybody is doing better than me. Got to learn some PS stuff this winter when I have no bird to chase - well that is left to Roy or whoever in the south or souther hemisphere

Daniel , Toronto
The real magic is in getting these excellent shots in the first place, the PS stuff is just smoke and mirrors.

Great work

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2007, 4:23 PM   #18

I think you did great on these BIF shots Daniel!

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2007, 10:17 PM   #19

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
I think you did great on these BIF shots Daniel!

Tim
Tim & Ira,
I am still picking up a lot this two weeks before winter comes in full force

I would consider it one of the failure shots - a non keeper. It came out of the blue and must be flying at a split second just 30 ft away from me. By the time I raised my camera and fired my shots, I could only get the back.

Pict is grainy but I did use some aggressive setting to remove some noise. It was pretty close.

Scott can tell you how many bird butts we photographed.

Daniel, Toronto