Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 6, 2007, 10:19 PM   #1

These aren't all that good, but I thought they all funny. They were taken either yesterday or today.

At first glance, there's nothing funny about this picture. It's just aguy kicking around a ball during his lunch break. However, I don't think you normally play football (or soccer as we Americans call it) with a walkie-talkie in your hand...
Attached Images

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 6, 2007, 10:20 PM   #2

He was kicking the ball to this fellow, who looks a bit over-dressed for the occasion...
Attached Images

Old Nov 6, 2007, 10:24 PM   #3

I'm not too sure about this picture. It was a very grey California day (marine layer hadn't burned off), and these bright balloons really stuck out. I helped the grey along by doing some selective desaturation but not sure I really like it. In any case, the guy walking by didn't even notice the balloons.
Attached Images

Old Nov 6, 2007, 10:30 PM   #4

Last one - it's not one of my better humorous attempts, but goes along with a theme I developed over the summer. It started with a street being closed by a16 foot tall Transformer, who left giant cans of Hair Spray in the closed off street. That let Marge, one of theSimpsons fix her hair. I can't come up with any way to tie in yesterday's reason for closing the same street, it wasn't as interesting. In fact, no one was stopping to take pictures. Even the bicyclist riding by didn't care.
Attached Images

Old Nov 7, 2007, 2:52 AM   #5
TDN

A nice series again, Harriet!

I think the balloon picture might work even better with just all b&w. The fact that he looks all depressed with the cheery balloons flying over makes it a great street shot.

Tom
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2007, 3:38 AM   #6

Like the series Harriet,

nr2 would look nice at a dance :-)

Ronny
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2007, 6:59 AM   #7

the balloons are great. my fav

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2007, 1:57 PM   #8

Thanks for the complements! I think I'll try the balloons in all b&w - it could significantly change the focus of the picture (interesting idea).

For anyone who's new and doesn't quite understand my last one - there's a movie theater near my office that occasionally hosts movie premiers. I hadn't particularly paid any attention to them until this summer when one of the studios premiered the movie The Transformers and had a 16 foot high robot in the middle of the street.Lots of people were stopping to take pictures with camera phones (it was funny to see everyone doing that). A couple of weeks later there were some 4 foot high cans of hair spray in the middle of the street for the premier of the John Travolta movie, Hair Spray (not much crowd reaction when they were setting up). About a week or two after that they had huge balloons (of Marge's hair) attached to the marque for the premier of the movie,The Simpsons. Thatbrought out the cameras again. The other day it was the premier of the movie Beowulf, and they once again had the street shut down. But no one seemed to be at all interested this time, though it was obvious the studio releasing the movie had spent quite a bit for props etc. for the event. It's fun working in West Los Angeles - there's always something interesting to take pictures of, as long as one looks around a bit.