Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 13, 2007, 10:00 PM   #11

Good MacGuyver work Jachol. :-)

And thanks JimC. I'll check that place out. I LOVE gadgets!!!

Question, do you think I'd be better off with the 360 flash so at least I can get TTL when needed? It will just take an extra few days to get that vs. the Sunpak. Also, has it been proven that the K100 can't do IR triggering of the 360? I can't seem to get any definitive answer.
JBoyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2007, 6:06 AM   #12

JBoyde wrote:
Quote:
Good MacGuyver work Jachol. :-)

Who's MacGuyver ?, never heard that expression before. The diffuser is effective though, if I need more I slip some thin white paper behind. No comments on the flash question, I haven't seen any info on that one. ... Jack.
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2007, 11:41 AM   #13

MacGuyver was a tv character that repeatedly saved the world with a Swiss Army knife, a paperclip and an empty toilet paper roll. Great stuff here!
Driver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2007, 12:59 PM   #14

Driver3 wrote:
Quote:
MacGuyver was a tv character that repeatedly saved the world with a Swiss Army knife, a paperclip and an empty toilet paper roll. Great stuff here!
LOL !, Thanks Driver3, Maybe that's why I never heard of him in the UK we don't need him we have me. I think Roy will tell you I like to homebrew kit ... I remember using a SAK, and perhaps a paperclip, but bog roll tubes no. :lol:
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2007, 11:33 PM   #15

JBoyde wrote:
Quote:
Question, do you think I'd be better off with the 360 flash so at least I can get TTL when needed? It will just take an extra few days to get that vs. the Sunpak. Also, has it been proven that the K100 can't do IR triggering of the 360? I can't seem to get any definitive answer.
Hi JB,

If you think that you might start using some advanced flash techniques, then I'd save up for a 360, 540, or Sigma 500/530 Super. They have things like High Speed Synch, Trailing Curtain Synch, Wireless TTL metered flash (with two P-TTL ext flash units with the K100), and low light Focus Assist Lamp. The Sigma Supers also have strobe (multiple programmed flashes per frame). If you're just looking for a good, low cost general flash, then I'd do without the P-TTL, save yourself a lot of money, and go with the 383.

The AF360 FGZ has an optical slave sensor, so it can be fired by another flash as a "dumb" slave, but the slave trigger fires off of the first flash it sees, so unless you're using a fully manual lens on a K100, which forces the camera's onboard flash to manual, then the normal P-TTL default of the onboard flash will cause the 360 in it's optical slave mode to fire on the preflash, and it will not effect the exposure.

Scott

snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote