Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 13, 2007, 10:19 PM   #1

I had my first PAID wedding shoot a few months back. It was actually the reason why I got the Pentax in the first place. I got the camera 3 days before the wedding day. I wish I didnt have to cut it so close! Thoughts?

...and lastly...the INFAMOUS orange WB rears its head. :lol:

JBoyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 14, 2007, 8:21 PM   #2

Congratulations on a paid photography assignment, I would not have near the courage! My honest thoughts would be to suggest a little pping in the first shot to remove the telephone wires. My favorite pick would be the young man with the round sunglasses. Finally, I don't know that you can blame WB on the camera, unless you set a custom white balance for that shot. Candlelight is well outside the auto white balance range on the K100 or K10.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2007, 11:49 PM   #3

Thanks NonEntity. I shoulda said that some of those pictures are unedited files, like that first one. Man, if someone charged me money for pictures with phone poles in em?! LOL!

I didnt use RAW or flash on that candlelight shot. Unfortunately, it was OJT with the cam that day. I figure I shoulda used RAW and cooled it down or did what I did with the boy in the hat and use -2 stop flash comp to balance it a bit more.

The reason why you dont see any of the actual ceremony shots is because it was in a hotel hall under fluorescent lighting and I was stuck between letting it go natural (minus cast) or use the onboard flash and risk everything being flatly lit. Siiigh, shoulda gone with flash.
JBoyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2007, 3:43 PM   #4

Some look a little grainy, could be the upload quality or your ISO was a little high. I'd limit the ISO to 400 if at all possible since most people want to enlarge their wedding shots.
fisheye4 is offline   Reply With Quote