Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 18, 2007, 3:55 PM   #11

Very nice shot, exactly where did you shoot from? You have really taken advantage of distance compression in this shot. This is a different, and very imaginative view of a familiar Newfoundland landmark.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2007, 4:28 PM   #12

Thanks.....I think I was on Battery rd....I was on my way up the trail to shoot a pic of the Cabot tower(which I got)....and I just happened to glance over and see the silouette of the Canon....I almost didn't bother with it....but something told me to grab the controls and take the shot.....truthfully I took a few at various settings...but this was the first and the best image of the lot.....
Island Brook Trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2007, 10:05 PM   #13

A wonderful shot - glad you took the time to snap something that caught your eye. I've always regretted it when I don't, and have had some pleasant surprises when I do.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2007, 12:52 PM   #14

I usually don't take the time as you suggest....but on occasion I find myself back tracking the more I thought about it or saying "I'll keep that in mind for the next time"

:-)Mike

Island Brook Trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2007, 6:02 PM   #15

Sorry for the late welcome, Mike, but "Welcome to the forum!" I just wanted to compliment you on these first posts...very nice! I really enjoy animal & landscape (especially of places where I've never been....which there are many!) shots!

One thing, since this is a Pentax forum, you might wantto make the spelling of that gun with3 n's ...cannon. When you use 2, it spells that dreaded other camera manufacturerthat doesn't have the high quality that Pentax does!!:G:G:GJust messing with ya! Enjoy your stay here & we'll be looking forward to seeing more posts!

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote