Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 20, 2007, 9:05 AM   #1

I haven't been participating here as often as I used to or as often as I'd like to.

I've had the exhibition to get ready, a "gallery talk" to prepare and deliver and I'm in the middle of switching over from a PC system to an Apple system. I'm just about done with all of this stuff, so I should be able to get out and start shooting again soon.

Hope to be posting again soon...
Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 20, 2007, 9:18 AM   #2

hope all goes well rick.
i'd be real! interested of shots of your gallery expo. mainly just to see sizes and format used. also let us know about the switch to the mac. i'd go mac but you can't build your own.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2007, 3:37 PM   #3

I will try to post some shots of the exhibit later this month or early next month.

Most of the prints were either 10 X 15 or 12 X 18 (these don't require cropping). I also used 4 8 X 12s. Frames were + 2 inches on all sides, plain black gallery frames. Mats are plain white to eggshell, single mat. I hinge mounted all of the prints and used acid free back board.

The exhibit is going well. I've had many, many comments (now if they'd just buy a few). I had an audience of about 150 students, friends and family for my gallery talk. There were quite a few questions from the group, and a number of peole stopped to talk after I was done.

The Apple...my future son-in-law is a graphic artist, and he keeps telling me how good Apples are. So, I ran across a used Power Mac with a large hard drive, 1.5 gig of ram, etc. for less than $200.00, so I bought it. I have photoshop 7 on it, and I like it so far. It's nice to have a machine devoted to photography--it's not even connected to the internet. I have two external hard drives connected to it for back-up, and I'm finally getting more organized with my files.
Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2007, 3:58 PM   #4

No apologies - this forum should be a source of joy and recreation, not of plight and burden. I for one appreciate your pictures and written inputs whenever you have the time. And feel like it.

Glad to hear about your exhibition, a well earned recognition IMO.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2007, 4:27 PM   #5

Yea I feel sorry for you too for having to go with an Apple.
:lol:

superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2007, 7:46 PM   #6

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
No apologies - this forum should be a source of joy and recreation, not of plight and burden. I for one appreciate your pictures and written inputs whenever you have the time. And feel like it.

Glad to hear about your exhibition, a well earned recognition IMO.

Kjell
Rick

I agree with Kjell. Life Happens and Sometimes you have other prioritys.
Good luck with your Exhibition

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2007, 9:11 PM   #7

Welcome back...Missed you! Looking forward to those pics!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2007, 11:29 PM   #8

Thanks for reporting about your exhibition - I was thinking about it recently and wondered how you did with it (sounds great!). I'd also be interested in your transition to the Apple - whenever my poor old laptop dies we might go with Mac. By that time I'd probably be ready to upgrade Photoshop anyway. I'd be interested in what you think about it.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote