Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 20, 2007, 6:55 PM   #1

Hi all

Just was lurking on one of the other Pentax Forums i vist and was reading a thread on Two new Cameras for next year, Supposedly Pentax will Introduce the K20D and K200D on 1/24/2008.

Heres the link

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=25674627

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 20, 2007, 9:40 PM   #2

phil,
thanks for the link but the threads at dpr are just a bunch of BS and endless discussions of ''WHAT IF''.. i'm not saying there is nothing wrong with the forum but threads like this are so bloated that it's ridiculous to read them to there end. my experience there is that most posters are so full of themselves they have little time to help the occassional poster.. it seems to me all they really want to post about is ''WHAT IF''...... i hope it never gets that way here...

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2007, 10:34 PM   #3

I love gossip as much as the next guy and I've been trying to find these rumors. Funny thing is as you stumble across old rumors say back in the spring, they say that a new pentax should have been released in October or Nov for Christmas. It's like looking at old sports game predictions after the game is over.

That said, I am really curious as to what and when the next pentax will be. What is the main diff between a CMOS and CCD?
fisheye4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 7:11 AM   #4

Real news for Canadian members, the K10D is now $699 at Henry's. That is a drop of $150 and now puts in on par with US prices.

Too bad I already bought my wife a K100D for Christmas, Oh well, she wouldn't want the larger camera anyway.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2007, 5:33 PM   #5

I think January should be quite a shake up. N&C will have to adapt to a serious paradigm shift.

Ben
http://www.pressbook.com/homebook.as...&owner_id=5144
benjikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2007, 6:11 PM   #6

The K200D sounds like what I might like (or a K10D if the price drops.

Ira
Old Nov 24, 2007, 1:00 AM   #7

fisheye4 wrote:
Quote:
I love gossip as much as the next guy and I've been trying to find these rumors.* Funny thing is as you stumble across old rumors say back in the spring, they say that a new pentax should have been released in October or Nov for Christmas.* It's like looking at old sports game predictions after the game is over.*

That said, I am really curious as to what and when the next pentax will be.* What is the main diff between a CMOS and CCD?
The rumors are never ending, and most don't pan out --

Many users assume that the CMOS sensors are superior for IQ because of the Canon DSLRs, but this is generally not the case. CCD usually has superior imaging qualities, but CMOS has an advantage in power efficiency and speed, so it is probably the type that is being concentrated on for future DSLRs because of the seeming demand for fps and live view from vocal users.

The differences in imaging applications has been constantly lessening as per this article:

http://www.dalsa.com/markets/ccd_vs_cmos.asp

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2007, 2:18 AM   #8

Since I was at home yesterday, bored and to tired to do something for real but not tired enough to sleep, I read through the whole thread at dp.

Can only agree with Roy: it's like sitting in the sauna listening to the sportsfreaks discussing why Sweden will win the next soccer world cup, and by how many goals in the finals. Afterwords they are busy explaining why Sweden lost to Malta in the qualification series.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2007, 3:34 AM   #9

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Since I was at home yesterday, bored and to tired to do something for real but not tired enough to sleep, I read through the whole thread at dp.

Can only agree with Roy: it's like sitting in the sauna listening to the sportsfreaks discussing why Sweden will win the next soccer world cup, and by how many goals in the finals. Afterwords they are busy explaining why Sweden lost to Malta in the qualification series.

Kjell
Kjell
That was a good one.
My nephew in Hong Kong msn me that he has got a D300 since a D80 is kind of slow and less impressive. I tried to talk him to the idea of getting more lens but to no avail. When it comes to rumor now, nothing beat whatever that came out from D30 or D300.
Here is the link
http://www.fotop.net/highschloser/highschloser71
At the end of the day, optics still count more than the body which is just a piece of consumer electronics.
Also Pentax's advantage in the entry level dslr is very much eroded because Nikon has its low end kit lens equipped with their vr which is a move to get market share. Now Canon is in dilemma.
The fight for market share is very cut throat indeed.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2007, 7:00 AM   #10

Scott, Canon has done a good marketting job of convincing the masses that CMOS is better. They conveniently ignore the fact that CMOS is the technology behind cheap video cameras such as web-cams.

Kjell, ...yes but it is fun listening to the rumors, even though they often miss the mark.

Daniel, most people who are interested, but not yet very knowledgeable about SLR photography, will put the camera body ahead of the lenses. They miss the point that better glass is an investment that can last for a very long time, and result in better pictures. Given the quality of ALL modern DSLRs it is the lens that will make the greatest difference in image quality.

My main camera is Pentax's second DSLR, the *istDS. The only limitation I have found any frustration with (other than some of my lenses) is the speed and accuracy of the AF system. A DS with better AF would be all I would require.

BTW Daniel, I have a 100-300mm f4.5-5.6 AF lens but I have found that, when the distance is not too great, my M 200mm f4 gets me much better bird pictures since it does not hunt for focus (being MF of course) if I let the bird drift out of the AF sensor. And stopped down to f5.6 it is much sharper than the zoom.

Ira