Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 25, 2007, 10:53 AM   #11

Driver3 wrote:
Quote:
Very creepy!

Cool!
Thank you Driver.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2007, 10:54 AM   #12

nhmom wrote:
Quote:
I agree. Very creepy! Very cool!
Thanks Mom.

Dawg
Old Nov 25, 2007, 10:56 AM   #13

robar wrote:
Quote:
ed, very nice..
when are you sleeping???

roy
I usually get to bed around 2:00am but since I'm off this weekend I'm up even later. Get about 5-6 hours sleep a night...Much more than that the old back hurts too much....

Dawg

Old Nov 25, 2007, 12:30 PM   #14

Good Morning Dawg - I hope the gobblins did not get you last night. In looking at the image again this morning, there are all sorts of things in there. It is one really fine shot that you should be proud of.

I have to thank you for your tips. After I posted last night, I started moving away from the Av, Tv settings on to the manual. This is a good learning experience in terms of the K100's capabilities. Now after a year, I am probably - maybe a third of the way through the arcane functions of the unit.

If I remember correctly, the K10 has an remote function that allows a laptop to hook up to it and control everything. That would be perfect for something like this..... My Canon P&S has the feature and its quite remarkable.

Thanks again,
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2007, 1:30 PM   #15

A photo worth staying awake for, Ed.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2007, 1:51 PM   #16

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
TC3 wrote:
Quote:
Lovely pic which has a lot of atmosphere. Now all you need is a grave yard
Just down the road...I try not to disturb their sleep and they return the favor and stay home!

Dawg
Nice to know that you are a considerate photographer :-)

I can but agree with all the above comments and say "Very nice indeed!".

Keith
Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2007, 6:12 PM   #17

interested_observer wrote:
Quote:
Good Morning Dawg - I hope the gobblins did not get you last night. In looking at the image again this morning, there are all sorts of things in there. It is one really fine shot that you should be proud of.

I have to thank you for your tips. After I posted last night, I started moving away from the Av, Tv settings on to the manual. This is a good learning experience in terms of the K100's capabilities. Now after a year, I am probably - maybe a third of the way through the arcane functions of the unit.

If I remember correctly, the K10 has an remote function that allows a laptop to hook up to it and control everything. That would be perfect for something like this..... My Canon P&S has the feature and its quite remarkable.

Thanks again,
I do not know about the lap top but will look into it...I don't own a laptop but do use one every night at work trouble shooting Programable Logic Controllers. I work on Automated assembly equipment and they are controlled by PLC's...The bad thing is they are not standardised and I have probably 8 different brands and 4-5 different models of each brand. Makes life interesting to say the least..LOL I come from the world of the Box camera...No controls for focus or anything else for that matter, which makes you do your work with the composition more...And from the world of the K1000 Pentax which is all manual...There is an exposure needle that shows up in the viewfinder but no Auto controls on the exposure and no auto focus...I used these for over 35 years and have continued using mainly manual settings as I feel more comfortable there. I also do not like a camera telling me what is the right exposure...I'm right more often than It is it seems. The last may be a delusion on my part but that is how it feels to me. Two things are most important when doing night time low light photography...Patience and Persistance...If each shot must be a perfectly focused and exposed photograph then don't get into it...They won't be perfectly done...If you must have perfection right from the camera with no PP then don't get into it as PP will bring out the mood of the shot better and more consistantly than getting it right in-camera. That is just the nature of the beast and you must get used to it.

Again I say Patience and Persistance...........

Dawg
Old Nov 25, 2007, 6:13 PM   #18

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
A photo worth staying awake for, Ed.

Kjell
Thank you Kjell!!

Dawg
Old Nov 25, 2007, 6:14 PM   #19

Keithw wrote:
Quote:
bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
TC3 wrote:
Quote:
Lovely pic which has a lot of atmosphere. Now all you need is a grave yard
Just down the road...I try not to disturb their sleep and they return the favor and stay home!

Dawg
Nice to know that you are a considerate photographer :-)

I can but agree with all the above comments and say "Very nice indeed!".

Keith
Thank you Keith!!

Dawg

Old Nov 26, 2007, 3:59 AM   #20

What the others have said - an excellent shot.

Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote