Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 25, 2007, 8:16 AM   #1

Just got back from 12 day European trip from Prague to Budepest. Took over 300 shots with my K10D all in RAW. Reviewed shooting from that day eacy night. Charged battery before I left on trip and it still showed fully charged at end of 12 days. I also operated in very cold weather. Very happy with battery and more importantly...pictures produced by camera
!!
whbroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 25, 2007, 2:05 PM   #2

Just to warn you, the battery meter is useless, it will go from "full" to "half" and then die a few shots after it says it's half full. Best method is just to try to note how many photo's you have taken, I would say up to 350 photo's and you are going to want to either charge it or stick in a second battery.
Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2007, 6:04 PM   #3

Tachikoma wrote:
Quote:
Just to warn you, the battery meter is useless, it will go from "full" to "half" and then die a few shots after it says it's half full. Best method is just to try to note how many photo's you have taken, I would say up to 350 photo's and you are going to want to either charge it or stick in a second battery.
Gotta say that my DL2 would behave like that, but my K10D - never.

When the battery meter finally shows 1/2 full, I still get anoth 100 or so shots, and use the on-board flash.

Mind you, I do use the grip as well.

Even so, I reckon the meter is pretty accurate for me.

Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2007, 6:59 PM   #4

Around 400 photos with out flash and I change the battery....I've gotten 450 but it died at the wrong time and I'd left my other one at home...Disgust disdain humiliation oh the agony of it and the pain of it....Well not really but with JPEG I change it now at 400 shots.

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 6:56 PM   #5

I have routinely gotten 1000-1200 shots with my K10d with the battery grip installed when shooting football games. (no flash, and few reviews) I always start with a fresh charge and charge afterwards.
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2007, 1:22 AM   #6

Tachikoma wrote:
Quote:
I'd second to that,and findDalquite fortunate! Actually, Ihave a 'feeling' and have to rely on it when it's about to finish:-)Still, I find the battery life quite amazing!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote